Serial number sratched off..... stolen???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Filed to avoid rusting, yupp just rough the surface and remove the paint, might aswell put a to let sign on it to invite the rust in :laugh:
Not defending the guy, but it says filled to prevent rusting. Which would make sense, if you thought it could rust.

(And I once brought a bike into Evans, for the 6 week service. I pointed out a scratch in the paint down to the metal. I said "that won't rust, will it?" "Oh yes it will, bare metal" he replied. "I thought it was aluminium". "You're right, it won't rust")

Still stolen. And the guy is clearly trading in stolen goods if not a thief himself. And if he didn't steal it, doesn't mind selling it for a tiny amount, as that's likely to be close to what he paid.

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone who uses ebay would be in the right mind to report this seller to ebay/police
Trying to get ebay to be bothered about stuff you know to be stolen is hard enough. How they'd react to/about something you think may be stolen is anyones guess.
Even though they're helping in the sale/trade of stolen items.

Yep alarm bells ringing, who would willingly purchase this?!
Trying to get ebay to be bothered about stuff you know to be stolen is hard enough. How they'd react to/about something you think may be stolen is anyones guess.
Even though they're helping in the sale/trade of stolen items.
I would hope the police would be more interested in paying this chap a visit, in the event that they have some more anonymous bikes to sell!

Top Bottom