Server outage this evening

Shaun

Founder
The CC server appears to have exhausted its memory around 18:35 this evening, with a big spike in server load and a failure to respond.

An engineer at the server centre has restarted it and I've lowered the memory limit for MySQL in the hope that it will avoid this into the future.

Apologies for the downtime and hopefully this won't be a common occurance.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I noticed CC slowing down a lot before it finally went down.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I've been slowly increasing the limits over the past weeks but the last increase may have been one too many. We'll see how it goes. :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
:rolleyes:

Bleedin' SQls!

Funny_Pictures_7187.jpg

avsd

Guru
I know ... I can feel all the "rolleyes" smilies aimed at me at the moment ... "He's been messing about with it again, hasn't he?" ^_^

Upgrades are never easy despie all the planning and hard work. I know, I work in IT :angry: Keep plugging away at it, stay calm and eat more pies. I like the new site :thumbsup: and to quote an Microsoft VP = "we over estimate what we will achieve in the sbort-term and under estimate what we achieve in the long term" ^_^

The CC server appears to have exhausted its memory around 18:35 this evening, with a big spike in server load and a failure to respond.

An engineer at the server centre has restarted it and I've lowered the memory limit for MySQL in the hope that it will avoid this into the future.

Apologies for the downtime and hopefully this won't be a common occurance.

Cheers,
Oh I thought I'd pressed the wrong button.

colly

Re member eR
a big spike in server load and a failure to respond.

I've lowered the memory limit for MySQL in the hope that it will avoid this into the future.

I thought that's what had happened and I would have done exactly that. :whistle:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
me too Shaun. I'm going to go out and lower my memory limit for MySQL this very morning. Unless I forget because my memory limit is about five minutes.

Top Bottom