Shimano 105 5600 components wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all.

Cannot justify or afford a new roadie so looking at upgrading my Giant SCR3 with Sora up to 105 5600 as the current set will take 5600 in stages.
Starting with rear mech and cassette then brakes before can raise dosh for shifters and poss chainset down the line.
Anyone got any 105 5600 lying around looking for a home?

Any condition considered.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Hi all.

Cannot justify or afford a new roadie so looking at upgrading my Giant SCR3 with Sora up to 105 5600 as the current set will take 5600 in stages.
Starting with rear mech and cassette then brakes before can raise dosh for shifters and poss chainset down the line.
Anyone got any 105 5600 lying around looking for a home?

Any condition considered.
I have

5600 Brake Levers Shifters (5k Miles use)
5600 Brake Calipers (rear has not got any pads) (5k Miles use)
5700 11-28 105 Rear Cassette around 1200 miles
5600 Shimano 105 Chain low miles as the 5700 rear cage needed a longer chain.

The 5700 cassette is attached to the wheel I am selling on the for sale board, if the guy is not interested in the Wheelset with cassette I will happily take it off the wheel if you are interested, or maybe you might be interested in the Wheelset if you know someone who can sort the rear wheel it would be a bargain.

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/sh...nt-wheel-with-free-buckled-rear-wheel.102543/

Andrew_P

Let me know if the wheels are of interest and I sort out a price for the lot.

if you could quote this post otherwise I will forget to check back, just really would like them going to a good home..

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
I have

5600 Brake Levers Shifters (5k Miles use)
5600 Brake Calipers (rear has not got any pads) (5k Miles use)
5700 11-28 105 Rear Cassette around 1200 miles
5600 Shimano 105 Chain low miles as the 5700 rear cage needed a longer chain.

The 5700 cassette is attached to the wheel I am selling on the for sale board, if the guy is not interested in the Wheelset with cassette I will happily take it off the wheel if you are interested, or maybe you might be interested in the Wheelset if you know someone who can sort the rear wheel it would be a bargain.

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/sh...nt-wheel-with-free-buckled-rear-wheel.102543/
Hi Loco,

Any prices in mind for the 105 components and any photos so I can see the condition?
Do you know if the Rear Mech is short, medium or long cage?

Unfirtunately I have no need for the spare wheel as I already have a spare set.

Tony

Andrew_P

Hi Loco,

Any prices in mind for the 105 components and any photos so I can see the condition?
Do you know if the Rear Mech is short, medium or long cage?

Unfirtunately I have no need for the spare wheel as I already have a spare set.

Tony

The only thing missing really is the rear mech is was damaged so binned it.

which bits are you interested in?

e-rider

crappy member
105 5600 is getting very difficult to find these days - why not get a full 5700 groupset?

Howard

I've got a pair of new, unused 5600 integrated shifters. Perfect, new unused condition. They are black, and the LHS shifter operates a double chainset only (i.e. it doesn't snap inside when used on a double chainset like the original 5600 shifters). £100 and bit for postage if you want them.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
105 5600 is getting very difficult to find these days - why not get a full 5700 groupset?
Hi Tundragumski,

A full 105 Groupset is around £450 which I dont have otherwise I would have gone for a new set.
Providing I can get components that are decent enough and fit my affordability

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
I've got a pair of new, unused 5600 integrated shifters. Perfect, new unused condition. They are black, and the LHS shifter operates a double chainset only (i.e. it doesn't snap inside when used on a double chainset like the original 5600 shifters). £100 and bit for postage if you want them.
Hi Howard,
I am on a Sora triple so wanted to stay triple mate

Sorry
Tony

Andrew_P

My Shifters are double's.

I think triples will be like hens teeth. Compacts on a 28-11 give a pretty wide range Tony.

e-rider

crappy member

the 'fault' is caused by rider error with the LH triple lever version - the double is much more user friendly (stronger) in that a mistaken shift to a larger chainring that doesn't exist, doesn't result in lever failure, whereas with the triple version used as a double, it does! If the rider doesn't attempt to do such a thing, then the triple version will not just break for no reason or during normal use. That is why, some people got through loads of them and other people had no trouble.

e-rider

crappy member

I think triples will be like hens teeth. Compacts on a 28-11 give a pretty wide range Tony.
the 5600 rear mech will not take 28T max sprocket size. The Shimano website says 27T max and I use a 27T with mine and I agree that it's right on the limit (i.e. it doesn't run very smooth but is ok). Only the 5700 rear mech can handle 28T. Many of the 5700 components are not compatible with 5600 ones, or at least according to Shimano. That's why it seems odd to go for 5600 when they are already difficult to find. 5700 would make more sense, even if the components are no better.

e-rider

crappy member
Hi Tundragumski,

A full 105 Groupset is around £450 which I dont have otherwise I would have gone for a new set.
Providing I can get components that are decent enough and fit my affordability

£398.95 from Merlin Cycles - it is a lot of cash to fork out in one go.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru

Reason staying triple is if I go to double shifters I will have to replace my chainset and can't afford both.
If I upgrade mechs and brakes and wait til I can find triple 105 shifters I should be ok.

Top Bottom