Shimano Customer Care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Last year I bought a new bike which came fitted with Shimano hydraulic disk brakes. As soon as I got the bike home I noticed that both disks and the insides of the callipers were wet with oil so back to the shop it went to get cleaned/dried off and new pads fitted. Brakes still squealed like a banshee and despite much messing around with them I could never get them to shut up.

Looking for replacement pads, hoping that maybe a different compound would help, I found a Shimano service bulletin highlighting known issues with this model of brake. I mailed Shimano and outlined the problems I'd had and they suggested I return the bike to the shop where they would remove the brakes and send them off to Shimano for inspection.

I told them that this wasn't good enough as it would mean being without the bike for weeks, to be honest I also didn't want my bike lying around a busy workshop either.

Shimano got straight back to me and said "No problem. We'll send a new set of brakes out to the shop and you can go and collect them" !

New bakes just fitted and they are silent! :0) Hats off to Shimano. All emails were answered quickly and they didn't try to fob me off or mess me around. The offered the best response possible at every turn and I'll be happy to buy Shimano in future, their customer care is first class. Thank you :0)

Keith Oates

Janner
Good to read that but no doubt with SRAM now coming big into the market they have to be on their toes to keep customers happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom