Shimano shoe fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R600

Über Member
Looking to get some new shoes and my lbs doesn't have a lot of stock. i was thinking of getting shimano and was wondering what people thouht of the fit as i will be buying on line. i 'm a size 11 so will i be ok with 11s or should i go for a size bigger. i have no idea if shimano shoes are close to size stated. TIA

Bigger.
I normally wear a 45 shoe and have 46 MT(something) shoes. Mind I usually wear a 46 rigger style boot at work too.
Shimano do also seem to be quite narrow - just so you are aware.

potsy

Rambler
Normal shoe size is 91/2 so went with a 10 on my summer Shimano shoes and they are spot-on.
Winter boots another size up to help accomodate a nice thick pair of socks :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yup, Shimano shoes are a slim fit compared to say Specialized.
Go to your lbs and try a few pairs on for size.
Or buy a couple of sizes from Wiggle to try and return the ones you don't want

Willo

Would echo the slim fit of many cycling shoes and I found Shimano to be particularly so when looking. My normal size was too narrow, pinching my toes, and the next size up too big. Ended up with Sidi shoes which seemed to come out a bit wider than others I tried. If ordering online, just make sure of the return policy.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Many of you have already said it, but I'll say it too - Shimano shoes tend to be quite narrow, and not over-generous in length either. I bought a pair of Shimano shoes online and they were too narrow for my feet, and probably a bit short on length too. I had to go up a size.

Cosmicned

Best go up a size with Shimano shoes- I am a 10 but after trying them on on my LBS I bought 11's - they're supposed to be a snug fit & I have narrow feet anyway...

Bluebell72

Mine are Shimano, and though I went up a size, I think perhaps they are too narrow, as after a long ride I get foot cramp - never in any other shoes I own, not even 5" stillies :tongue:

OP
OP
R600

R600

Über Member
Thanks for the info. i would love to be able to try before i buy but my lbs does't have much of a selection and the next shop is 100 miles away. i think i'll try a size up and hope for the best

Top Bottom