Show off your green credentials, let's see your most used recycled shopping bag.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've had this old M&S shopping carrier bag for about six months now. It's perfect for the bike as the handles are strong and hook conveniently over the bars and are secured by the stem bolts, top one if there's a lot of stuff in the carrier, bottom if not much.
Thoroughly recommended for cyclists. I reckon you could get two of these so mounted on most bikes.

PXL_20240507_174334936.jpg

PXL_20240507_174321110.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
By coincidence I bought a new recyclable shopping bag about an hour ago, to replace the one below which is looking a bit tatty and is quite stained inside. I bought the one below about 10 months ago, so I've had my use out of it. Like the other recyclable bags I've had, I'll use it to put kitchen waste in then put it in the bin.

4t7u2Fk9iIi1_fR-MXdZW7jBXg&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=7VpLG4OjQLcQ7kNvgGMIiDO&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

This my new one. I bought it as I think it goes with my new summer suit, don't you? 🤔

hc=A1mAD2yv-foQ7kNvgF237gI&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I made my own shopping bag about 3 years ago. Made from 100 cotton with waxed cotton outside.

However Mr WD nicked it as it was the perfect Size to keep his full face protective face helmet, so I think I trump the lot of you. Even though Mr WD stole it.:laugh:

20240507_212629~2.jpg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I made my own shopping bag about 3 years ago. Made from 100 cotton with waxed cotton outside.

However Mr WD nicked it as it was the perfect Size to keep his full face protective face helmet, so I think I trump the lot of you. Even though Mr WD stole it.:laugh:

View attachment 730072

Great work - I'd love to be capable (in terms of skill and motivation) of doing similar :smile:

Other than specific tasks where plastic is necessary (such as insurance for liquid-filled containers) I want rid of it as much as possible and plan to go full-Waitrose-mum on canvas totes when I grow up..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My green credentials:

Oct 2022 - wheelie bin nearly 1/2 full; May 2024 - wheelie bin nearly 3/4 full and it hasn't been emptied in between. That is approximately 1/4 wheelie bin in 18 months, so at this rate I will only need the bin emptying once every 5 or 6 years... Beat that! :laugh:

As for the much used shopping bag - usually a 5+ year old rucksack.

Top Bottom