Show us your Audax bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
wow the more i see that bike it's stunning ,what tubing is it
The first picture you can see a red wire coming from the front light, this goes up in to the steerer where it joins to the charging system. The two red wires that go towards the down tube are an earth which has a terminal between the adjusters and the other is internally routed to the rear light through the down tube, BB, chain stay then up the seat stay exiting at a boss near the rear light. Power from the dynamo is by a double wire which runs inside the right fork leg and up to the charge system in the steerer where it is converted in to dc for the rear light and charger. An ac supply goes direct to the front light.
If I use the other non dynamo wheel the wiring connector has a little bracket to clip on to keeping it out of the way and safe. To be honest in hindsight I will probably never bother changing to the non dynamo wheel as it is so convenient being able to charge GPS, phone or iPod on the move.
Stunning bike and very clever the way you wired up the front and rear lights,god i'm almost tempted to pull my sherpa apart and start drilling holes in the frame to run the wires.the red touches is pure class well thought out bike what tubing is it.
anyway thanks for the photos made my day.full bike photo would be nice though.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Here's mine, having undergone a few component adjustments recently.

tn_IMG_1923_zpsa44da861.jpg

tn_IMG_1931_zps49a7fb4c.jpg

tn_IMG_1932_zps5223e4e6.jpg

tn_IMG_1930_zps83bf335a.jpg

tn_IMG_1937_zps22c9f92f.jpg

tn_IMG_1927_zps1d54a9ad.jpg

tn_IMG_1940_zpsba48153f.jpg

tn_IMG_1946_zps9de9596f.jpg

tn_IMG_1945_zps4f97f273.jpg

tn_IMG_1942_zps7a9ec549.jpg

stevevw

Guru
wow the more i see that bike it's stunning ,what tubing is it

Stunning bike and very clever the way you wired up the front and rear lights,god i'm almost tempted to pull my sherpa apart and start drilling holes in the frame to run the wires.the red touches is pure class well thought out bike what tubing is it.
anyway thanks for the photos made my day.full bike photo would be nice though.

Thanks.
A few details here: http://www.paulusquiros.co.uk/#/super-randonneur/4575158489

Oiwhatyoulookingat_zpsfd11e2d1.jpg

jags

Guru
Stevevw i posted this on thorn forum sure hope you dont mind it's worth sharing.
for god sake don't let that beauti out of your sight for a second .
well done its a stunner last question honest
whats it like to ride .:bicycle:

stevevw

Guru
Stevevw i posted this on thorn forum sure hope you dont mind it's worth sharing.
for god sake don't let that beauti out of your sight for a second .
well done its a stunner last question honest
whats it like to ride .:bicycle:

Honestly the best bike I have ever ridden. 28mm tyres, stainless frame and steel fork just soak up the road buzz and potholes. The oversize tubes transmit the power instantly. When climbing you have to change up before getting out of the saddle.
When I first started to use the bike I noticed the brakes where as good as Durace rim brakes in the dry and far better in the wet, now they have had a couple of thousand km to bed in they are even better than Durace. The only downside is I can not get the Brooks Pro saddle to break in ok for 300km but over that it is a right old PITA. Just got a B15 Ti that I will try this week before choosing a perch for YLY 600 on the 1st June.

jags

Guru
yeah kinda though that would be your thoughts, bikes like that a made for riding if that makes sense..i have a 28 year old raleigh 753 road bike as good as the day it came out of the factory,
thanks again .
cheers
jags.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I do like stevevw's Paulus Quiros

JordanCarroll

I love the vast range of bikes that people bring along to audax rides!

Here's my (3rd hand) Longstaff, unfortunately I think the seat tube may be a bit too steep (76 degrees) for brooks saddles, and may be contributing to some knee pain I've been having...

img1852fz.jpg

P.H

Über Member
Another Audax, another bike. My SOMA ES out today on a DIY across Notts and Lincs to Woodhall Spa and back.
8991825694_c63cc9e6e5_c.jpg

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
This is mine,
Bespoke Paulus Quiros Super Randonneur Frame and Fork.
Hope Hub Rear.
SP disc front dynamo Hub.
Mavic Open Pro rims.
Sapim Spokes and red alloy nipples.
Avid BB7 brakes
Hope floating discs
Bluemels 50's-60's mudguards.
Miller 50's-60's rear light. With the guts taken out and filled with a capacitor and led's.
Edelux front light
Charging system in the steerer for gps, phone, ipod etc.
Campagnolo Aero seatpost
Brooks Professional saddle
Campagnolo Centaur black-red groupset
Bars now changed from the Easton EA70's to Zipp Service Course
Brooks bar tape with gel pads beneath.

IMG_3780_zps05f4f598.jpg

IMG_3778_zps69d330a0.jpg

IMG_3586_zpsc6295bf1.jpg
Ah yes, I remember sharing that bus shelter in Balsham with this bike on the A&S 400km Audax in May, now I now what it is. Absolutely gorgeous :wub:

Top Bottom