Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keep swaying from black to red,then back to black.. And I'm the decisive one:whistle:
The seat has to stay though. Had Fizik Arione's for the last 10 years found them really comfy, but this Arione VX takes it to different level no more numb nuts on even my longest rides, That decision was easy !!

Black it is then^_^

Stu Smith

Veteran
Very smart bike.
I would keep the white tape until it's a bit grubby then change to black :smile:.

That's the way forward. :okay:

loveandpeace1

I cant believe me sometimes. Winter bike as been built for all of 3 weeks and now this.
The summer bike build.
Love my cycling.
All the best
16k6yrk.jpg

This is my self build CX bike. Built up around a Boardman CXR9.8 frame. Ultegra Di2 all around, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, Kinesis Crosslight V4 wheels and a Praxis bottom bracket. I've used a light alloy seat post and stem/handlebars just because I prefer the feel. Got it checked over by the bike shop late last week (it's my 1st ever build project) and should get it's maiden voyage today!!
20160124_142948.jpg

This is my self build CX bike. Built up around a Boardman CXR9.8 frame. Ultegra Di2 all around, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, Kinesis Crosslight V4 wheels and a Praxis bottom bracket. I've used a light alloy seat post and stem/handlebars just because I prefer the feel. Got it checked over by the bike shop late last week (it's my 1st ever build project) and should get it's maiden voyage today!!
View attachment 116967
Beautiful frame! Great build too. Well done, looks fantastic.

Almost too good to get covered in mud!

Will be a cracking road bike too with road wheels/tyres.

Beautiful frame! Great build too. Well done, looks fantastic.

Almost too good to get covered in mud!

Will be a cracking road bike too with road wheels/tyres.
It wasn't too bad yesterday!! Just a couple of puddles.

Lovely ride - soaks up all the bumps. Have a path near me that I ride regularly. On the old alloy framed CX I was always struggling to keep a high cadence going as I was absorbing the vibrations through my legs. On this one the frame did all the work...it was a joy!

The aim was to have a bike I could also use on the roads during winter just by changing the tyres for slicks.

browny

Veteran
Bought this TCR end of last year ,upgraded the wheels to fulcrum racing quattro ,thinking of upgrading chainset and brakes.
Just bought a carbon saddle awaiting delivery .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 54

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
So many nice bikes - I have to say im half jealous of all that bling. Me getting a carbon bike would be a total waste imo. Im not going to be able to push it hard enough to really say that having a carbon is so much better than my Alu & Carbon forked bike.

With that said though. Since ive gotten my Triban, I think my cycling has gotten a lot stronger since and im actually able to hold a half decent pace. Climbs can still be an issue though but for flats ive got pretty good sustain.

Onyer

Looking forward to seeing your impression on how the bike rides. I bought the R5 last year and I am very pleased with that. Must admit to having a desire for the S5 as well!

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
Looking forward to seeing your impression on how the bike rides. I bought the R5 last year and I am very pleased with that. Must admit to having a desire for the S5 as well!

yeh same!!

my S3 is so far the best bike i have ridden so will be good to see if there is a difference

Top Bottom