Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sackville d

Veteran
Very nice, love the use of white against black on it.
Thanks tj,do you mean the stem?Accident, they just didn`t have it in plaine carbon so white it was.Looks well tho.

Or did you mean the background in the shot? Again, accident,thats where it is parked at work.

Mattonsea

Über Member
My Pride and joy in Bretagne.
harry065_zpsc724e63f.jpg

Just over 2 months ago I bought a Wilier Izoard XP with Ultegra and FSA groupset for the princely sum of £1500. I loved it. It got me out doing the miles. I upgraded the wheels from the standard Shimano RS30 to ultegra wheels which were a little stiffer, but also a little lighter (they looked cool as well!) and fitted a charge spoon saddle, but other than that it was standard. Took me a while to get used to the shape of the bars and after a while I cut the fork stem down so there was not so much pertruding above the top of the bar clamp.

DSCN1781_zps886e0d6e.jpg

DSCN1776_zps37618f19.jpg

I did London velodrome to Manchester velodrome in 18 hours on it, a total of 210 miles with no problems at all, it was great fro distance work. I did over 2000 miles in 2 months on it and then last week I went into the back of a van parked in a cycle lane while doing 27mph. My fault, I was head down in the rain. Unfortunatley the frame didnt come out of it too well!

Doesnt look too bad here!
pic2_zps8d55dc82.jpg

But...
pic5_zpsdf67bbd9.jpg

pic1_zps65d55ae5.jpg

pic4_zpsdc91fc82.jpg

I am hoping to get another one though my insurance as I really liked the bike and it is not a bike you see very often.

Mattonsea

Über Member
Just over 2 months ago I bought a Wilier Izoard XP with Ultegra and FSA groupset for the princely sum of £1500. I loved it. It got me out doing the miles. I upgraded the wheels from the standard Shimano RS30 to ultegra wheels which were a little stiffer, but also a little lighter (they looked cool as well!) and fitted a charge spoon saddle, but other than that it was standard. Took me a while to get used to the shape of the bars and after a while I cut the fork stem down so there was not so much pertruding above the top of the bar clamp.

DSCN1781_zps886e0d6e.jpg

DSCN1776_zps37618f19.jpg

I did London velodrome to Manchester velodrome in 18 hours on it, a total of 210 miles with no problems at all, it was great fro distance work. I did over 2000 miles in 2 months on it and then last week I went into the back of a van parked in a cycle lane while doing 27mph. My fault, I was head down in the rain. Unfortunatley the frame didnt come out of it too well!

Doesnt look too bad here!
pic2_zps8d55dc82.jpg

But...
pic5_zpsdf67bbd9.jpg

pic1_zps65d55ae5.jpg

pic4_zpsdc91fc82.jpg

I am hoping to get another one though my insurance as I really liked the bike and it is not a bike you see very often.
God I feel sick looking at , thank god for insurance.

My face didnt do too well either! I was wearing a helmet although I do not believe they are very good as an impact stopper in this case it has stopped me from getting more cuts on the top of my head, you can see where my helmet stops!

pic6_zpsfbb37686.jpg

kipster

Guru
Had this a couple of months, not as stealth like as most but I like a bit of bling :smile:

image.jpg

I've changed the tyres as the stock ones had issues with splits and it's got some bottle cages now.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Scott CR1 SL

XL Scott CR1 SL Frame 58cm
Shimano Ultegra and 105 transmission
Deda Zero 100 stem and seatpost
Zipp Service Course SL bars
Specialized Toupe saddle
H Plus Son rims, Novatec hubs, CX-Ray spokes
Michelin Pro 4 SC tyres

9379332896_1287f5c498_z.jpg

That looks soooo nice..looks fast just standing there..

Top Bottom