Show us your mucky mtb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Probably get flamed for this but I love to see a mucky, well used bike.
This is after a good run around dalby and a weeks commuting.
Its getting stripped down at weekend and cleaned/greased and oiled ready for winter commutes
20141125_211027.jpg
20141125_211055.jpg

jack smith

Veteran
Bit off topic but ive been trailing this forum for a few days trying to find that exact bike, im picking one up tommorrow, how do you find it? Is there anything youd change?

OP
OP
Scotchlovingcylist

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I was pretty happy with it as standard however as my skills have improved I upgraded the brakes mainly.
I use the bike mainly for commuting and after 4000 miles the suntour fork is now shagged so I'm on the lookout for some recons in the new year.
I've added locking skewers and seat post clamp, proper pedals and better grips but that was mainly for preference. Overall very happy with it, does everything I need it to

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Only remembered to take one!

... And now you have to remember to clean it!

I find that a hose down (use "muck off" when I have it first), relube the chain, and lube the forks, bounce it dry, a quick spin around the block, then a wipe over with a kitchen towel or microfiber works well and can take just 15 mins. If its not going to be use for a while then a more thorough was should be done to keep her pristine.

How did you like the riding on the mucky stuff? Any offs or clenchers?

jack smith

Veteran
Just used muck off and left it for a few mins then sponge dit off with hot water i dont have an outdoor hose unfortunatley so it takes bloody ages!

Top Bottom