Show us your Raleigh?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teaboy

Über Member
very nice..
It was a Chiltern with a mashed wheel brought for a fiver and now its turned into a .........I dont know what would you call it 3 speed tourer?

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Mine's a new one. RX Comp. Bought to serve as a winter bike, and to replace my hybrid for easy offroad stuff all year round.

Raleigh%20RX%20Comp%201_zpso6ph49dg.jpg

Aravis

Putrid Donut
This has been my primary ride since 2005 when my early 1980s Revell Elite finally rusted into oblivion:

Raleigh.jpg

At my (then) age I settled for an aluminium frame because didn't think I'd ever make full use of anything more expensive. Until last year I regarded the bike as adequate, nothing more. A few tweaks, notably the Flying Fortress saddle and a subtle but highly significant change to the gearing, and I found I had my ideal bike and we are very much in love.

That meant he needed a name, of course. On a ride earlier this year he was admired by Kajsa Tylen, no less, and where else would I look for inspiration? With her approval, he is now called "Kaiser".

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not my first Raleigh, but the first one that was capable of being raced and was many times before some thieving scumbag stole it.
Was also the first bike I bought myself after starting work at 16.
Raleigh M-Trax Ti-1000 1994 ish I think.

Well look what I bought from a fellow CC'er back in January.
A Blue Raleigh M-Trax Ti-1000 :okay:

Raleigh.jpg

And a bargain it was too. Surprisingly lightweight and nimble.

Top Bottom