Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
image.jpg
New Ti seat post on the Enigma

I sold the Carbon Road bike to fund a Cross Bike, I built a Kinesis Pro 6, I am very happy with this a great ride, so I started looking at their road bikes, they have a very nice new titanium frame coming out,I thought I would like one of them, £1399 frame & forks tapered headset takes 28mm tyres with guards with long reach brakes, no reviews but plenty of positive reviews of the old frame non taper headset 23mm maybe 25mm with guards normal reach brakes, the new frames were due in the country on the 6th June, there was some old ones on various sites some £1399 ( a carbon seat post included with old frames ) Winstanleys had one my size for £ 1119. I was quite happy with 25mm with guards and a better brake choice in the shorter reach brakes, the only thing against it was the non taper headset, I made them an offer that was accepted so I ended up with this.

R0010193_zps584daef4.jpg

R0010195_zps533621bd.jpg

R0010196_zps702f4485.jpg

Shimano 105 Levers, Derailleurs, Chainset 50/34, Cassette a combination ( I filled some 9 speed sprockets down to 10 speed width to give me 14,15,16,17,18,19,21,24,27,30 Shimano m540 pedals.

Planet X wheels, Handlebars, Stem, Seat ,Brakes, Vittoria 25mm Slick Tyres

Very happy with the ride, my times are as fast as on the carbon ( although the bike is a little heavier) and I can fit guards and a rack if I feel like it.

Total Cost of build all new parts £1688.70
Just shelled out for one as a crash replacement for my old Gran Fondo Scandium. School boy error though they list the fram in two places on the kinesis web site and I didn't read their 2nd page which clearly states its a 31.6mm frame so my old 27.2mm carbon post and front mech didn't fit. I also didn't realise the new fork (which accomodates 28mm tyres) was too much for my old ultegra long reach brakes :blush:

Venod

Eh up
Just shelled out for one as a crash replacement for my old Gran Fondo Scandium. School boy error though they list the fram in two places on the kinesis web site and I didn't read their 2nd page which clearly states its a 31.6mm frame so my old 27.2mm carbon post and front mech didn't fit. I also didn't realise the new fork (which accomodates 28mm tyres) was too much for my old ultegra long reach brakes :blush:

Enjoy your knew ride, I have been out on mine today in this wind, grabbed a couple of KOM's even with mudguards fittedm they are truly all round frames.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'll maybe borrow the works camera, that was tooken on my tablet, the highest resolution I've got to hand :-)

I don't know if you've seen my thread in know how but should I sully it with frame protectors to stop cable rub?

And I replied.
I haven't used any protectors. You do get marking but with the lightest of Emery cloth or scotch pad they rub away.
What I do like about Ti frames is the difference in shades in the metal and how it continually changes with cleaning. usage, weather (rain) etc
I really like all the marks, abrasions and nicks.

With an undressed Ti frame you are not going to get the perfect finish as you would a painted and/or lacquered frame, so embrace :thumbsup:

And I replied.
I haven't used any protectors. You do get marking but with the lightest of Emery cloth or scotch pad they rub away.
What I do like about Ti frames is the difference in shades in the metal and how it continually changes with cleaning. usage, weather (rain) etc
I really like all the marks, abrasions and nicks.

With an undressed Ti frame you are not going to get the perfect finish as you would a painted and/or lacquered frame, so embrace :thumbsup:
Cheers this tablet is cr@p that way.

Have they gone for a more sloping top tube with the new frame or are you just a tall bugger, what brakes did you fit ?

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-us-your-titanium.56645/page-17
I'm not particularly tall but its a 54cm frame and I could do with a 56cm and the only one made bigger is a 57cm. I've found through bike fits that a 76.9cm saddle height works for me and after 24,500miles on the old 54cm I'd say that was right ;-)

I used my old long reach ultegra brake for the rear but they've made the front clearance greater so the old 50mm long reach didn't fit and a Tektro Quartz is fitted.

Top Bottom