Smart dryer far too smart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We bought an AEG tumble dryer a year ago and have used it half a dozen times. It stopped working this week. I had bedding on the line and it needed 5 minutes in the dryer to make it totally dry. I set the dryer going and 5 minutes later and stopped and turned off. I studied the manual, searched the internet and watched YouTube. No change, so we called the engineer. Yes we had carried out all the correct drills to solve the problem. The problem was the bedding was not wet enough to go in the dryer using the programme selector. The solution is to use the Time Dry option. "It does not mention that anywhere" I said to the engineer". "Yes you are correct. We wish it did" he replied.

Its bad news when appliances get so smart.

Last edited:
Scales: One at a time please!!!

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Not just AEG tumble dryers our Zanussi dryer operates the same way . I have to use the timer if laundry needs a quick final dry before putting away.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What a pita. Ours has warm or hot and a timer dial - piece of piddle to use. But, we're not using it - clothes maiden for the win. Sheets and bedding can be draped over the upstairs Bannister - dries in no time.

presta

Guru
My (washer-) dryer's hopeless, unless I take stuff out for a shuffle it comes out dry on the outside and wet in the middle. Two sheets and two pillow cases have to be split into two separate loads, and then each one shuffled half way though. Four times 45mins = 3 hours to dry the lot. Towels work better, they're small enough for the tumbling drum to shuffle them properly.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Not just AEG tumble dryers our Zanussi dryer operates the same way . I have to use the timer if laundry needs a quick final dry before putting away.

Now you bloody tell me 😊 2 hours sat on the toilet trying to figure this out.

The dryer is next to the toilet.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I haven't got a dryer..............

I find the clothes horse works a treat.

We have had the dryer a year and used it half a dozen times. We usually dry the clothes in the car port or on the clothes horse in the house. But the weather was grim and the heat is right down in the house. The dryer was the last option.

Top Bottom