So close and yet so bloody far... grrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
As some will now, we have been hunting for a new doggy to join the family for 5 weeks now. We have been having a really shoot time, hence not a lot of posting at the moment.

Yesterday, we came so close.

We found a gorgeous 3 year old german shepherd cross bitch. Intelligent, friendly, loving, good with kids/dogs etc. Basically, ticked all the right boxes. We told the kennel maid that we we would come back with our parents.

So, we went for a bit of scram to discuss it, picked my parents up (who will also be in the dog's life but were out when we were at the kennels) and ran back up there.

They both fell in love with her in her cage but then we were told at reception .... she was reserved. :becool: :tongue: Someone had seen us with her and took her out after we had gone and put money down straight away. We didn't tell the people on reception that we were coming back so we lost out.

We are effing kicking ourselves and learning a very hard lesson.

Back to square 1 me thinks. Just thought I'd share as I get a few pms asking how we are getting on. :biggrin:

You will get there and find the one that is right for you.

longers

Legendary Member
That's a lot of a bugger. Try not to beat yourselves up about it - easy said from here.

Have you been in touch with the vets in your area? The ones I know get waifs and strays that need rehoming for all the usual reasons.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
spandex said:
You will get there and find the one that is right for you.

Thanks Spandex.:becool:

Everyone is saying 'She wasn't right for you if didn't get her'.

No... we were just thinking too much instead of going for it. My downfall all the time.

We went for a good walk yesterday and enjoyed it (a bit). But I don't want to be a rambler, I want to be a dog walker.

Life is shoot.

Top Bottom