So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busa5504

Hi all, I have a KMX Venom since 2014 and as of last week I am now running a YOCH 750w Mid Drive to aid with my daily commute of 30+miles round trip. Do about 2.5k+ miles a year however that's not only just on the recumbent (my winter commuter), I have Trek SuperFly 6 MTB and a Genisis Dura 10 carbon gravel bike (my summer commuter) and lastly an alloy Gensis Day One. 8 speed hub gear bike for when in London

AlanGoodman

Catrike Speed, Nazca Fuego, Challenge Hurricane, Ratracer and a couple of Kingcycles...

Cupples

I've recently picked up a KMX trike that I plan to adapt. I usually ride an upright, but thought that this would be good fun for the winter...
IMG_20181220_105938164.jpg

bladderhead

My first post. Grasshopper and Cruzbike Silvio.

Around the beginning of the millennium I started getting fed up with the riding position of my Peugeot. Some bikes fold. I do not fold. Even after years of yoga I can barely touch my toes. On long rides I kept thinking about lowering the saddle, and wondering how to lift the bars up. Right up. I kept thinking of my bum being lower and my hands being higher, and then I remembered reading about those contraptions, so in 2003 I joined the Cult of the Flying Deckchair with a new Streetmachine which introduced me to Magura and Rohloff. What an awesome thing is the Rolhoff. Less than six months later they stole my Streetmachine so I got a DF again, but in 2004 I sold that because I got the Grasshopper. With Magura and Rohloff, obviously. So far, the thieves have turned their noses up at the Grasshopper. Years of commuting in horrid weather and riding in London and Essex in nice weather and it looks pretty tatty. Then, I think 2014, I went down with a nasty bout of N+1 disease and somehow found myself with the Silvio. Yes, it was a bit awkward to ride, but I chopped the frame and changed the bars and now I ride it like a despatch rider on a fixie. Traffic is no obstacle on either bike.

I do most of my mileage on the Silvio now, and with its edited mudguards, home-made light bracket and wired-on mirror it is starting to look as lived-in as the Grasshopper. I know there are people who do far more mileage than I do and their bikes look as if they have never been ridden. How do they do it?

Anyway that is the story. And that is only the short version. I will stop now so I can take some pictures.

That seat looks an odd shape

HazelMotes

Just out of curiosity how many of us here are recumbent riders (bike or trike)?

I've got a HPV Street Machine.

What about the rest of you?
Many years ago, I had a CLWB frame from a builder in San Diego; can't recall his name. I built that one up myself. After I sold it, I didn't have a recument until several weeks ago I picked up a Haluzak Horizon on ebay.

Jimm.Pratt

592a71e18c6eccd960e90384e23d415f.jpg
Greetings! Hmm I think I've lost count...Here is a pic of the current stable of rides...umm looks like 6 so far (just got the Challenge Focus today as a late birthday gift to myself). From left to right, starting at the top: UK Adult KMX trike, Dutch Sinner Mango Plus velomobile, an Italian Velocino replica (great for quick trips into Copenhagen by train), German Kettweisel trike, Danish Hjordt bike, Dutch Challenge Focus bike.
592a71e18c6eccd960e90384e23d415f

Jimm.Pratt

If you mean the Grasshopper it is their own design. It is a two-piece seat. Very adjustable. It can be made longer or shorter and the angle can be adjusted.
Yep, that's HP Velotechnik's 'Body Link' seat, if I'm not mistaken, very adjustable and reasonably comfy on long rides. Fits just about everything they offer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom