Soaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Is anyone else getting sick to the back teeth of 'soap operas' and their incessant over-dramatic reactions to pathetically non-dramatic situations?

Yes, I know their job title is bloomin' 'soap opera' and that means they have to have a storyline, but IMO a lot of people base their core values and communication skills on what drivel they soak up with their eyeballs every night at 19:30, on BBC1, ITV, Channel 4, 5ive, etc etc. The neverending stream of over the top reactionary acting is starting to make me peturbed.

I wish they'd just sack the bally lot of them and put on 24/7 nature/adventure/sport (not football) and travel programmes instead.....ie REAL life.

BTW, I haven't watched a soap in over 20 years, and still have a reasonable grasp on my inter-personal skills.

longers

Legendary Member
I like this one.

By the way CP, bowdlerising the swear words still means they are there, you're easily bright enough to get your point across perfectly well without them :sad:

Noodley

Maybe if you had bought a newspaper and watched soaps at some point during the past 20 years you'd be less frustrated.

D'ya fancy starting a list of other stuff you have not done in the past 20 years?

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Noodley said:
Maybe if you had bought a newspaper and watched soaps at some point during the past 20 years you'd be less frustrated.

D'ya fancy starting a list of other stuff you have not done in the past 20 years?

Maybe I should just have a nice long.................w**K :sad:

(Longers I meant 'walk' :blush:)

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
longers said:
There's days like that, have you tried dancing?

With my feet...!!!!?????

:sad:

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Fab Foodie said:
They're forbidden in the FF house.

Wanna lodger?

It just seems like tv is inundated with soaps, and news stories of gloom. :sad:

What about repeats of Mark Beaumont cycling round the world, and Ellen McWhatshername sailing? or howabout that Olympic rower and the gay bloke (that isn't gay, but you'd bet he was) rowing the atlantic, that old bloke Jim Shedghar single-handed rowing the Pacific? Anything with SIR Ranulph Feinnes in it.

Come on TV get a life.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
How can you get wound up to expletive levels by something you haven't watched for 20 years?
You already have the solution which is to not watch it, or have I missed your point?

Top Bottom