Society's ills.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
How would you fix our 'broken' society?

Before anyone puts this in P&L, I would just like to say this is to be light-hearted.

Me?

Remove our obsession with copious amounts of alcohol, and replace with adventure sports and outdoor activities.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
get rid off all reality type tv programmes & soaps and replace with Big, Bigger, Biggest & Dangerous Catch type stuff...

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ComedyPilot said:
Remove our obsession with copious amounts of alcohol, and replace with adventure sports and outdoor activities.

Enough said... although a small amount of social drinking after a days outdoor adventuring is always fun... :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Slightly OT, Bertrand Russell was once asked what it was that accounted for his generally happy disposition and unfailingly positive outlook on life. Was it because he had as a firm atheist nevertheless achieved a philosophical outlook that enabled an enlightened existence, or perhaps human relationships were at the heart of his ease with the world and life? He replied that he put it down to his habit of 'defecating twice a day with unfailing regularity'.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'd pass some kind of legislation to ensure every single person who's physically able to do so would have at least one hour's bike riding every week. I truly believe cycling is the key to better physical and mental health and it's almost impossible to do without a big smile on your face. The world would surely be a happier place if more people (many more people) cycled.

gbb

Legendary Member
Stop judging others so much. Everyones got an opinion nowadays, sticking noses into others business. Just accept we're all different.

Compulsory wearing of a clowns nose when sticking it into other peoples business. Neither side could possibly take it seriously then.

longers

Legendary Member
Further to Sweepeas' Bertrand Russell quote, I've just read one by Josh Billings along the same lines.

Maybe AllBranTM on draught would be my suggestion?

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
gbb said:
Stop judging others so much. Everyones got an opinion nowadays, sticking noses into others business. Just accept we're all different.

People getting pissed and scrapping on a Saturday night is everyone's business. They affect home life, town centre's become no-go zones, the impact on their family (domestic violence) is horrendous, and that's without involving the emergency services.

Having fun and participating in sport/adventure impedes no-one.

We can all go along and be complicit to thuggery, or we can challenge it and show them another way (that doesn't involve the Lord)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A law that made it illegal to talk about work when you're not there :biggrin: Went for a beer with colleagues this evening... might as well have stayed at work :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
All lunch breaks should be long enough to go for a walk after eating :smile:
And the inventer of PowerPoint should be shot.
No, hung.
No, burned alive.
No, buried alive, and dug up every 10 minutes to be punched.
*endured 7 hours of 'Death by PowerPoint' today, and has same tomorrow*

Someone shoot me. Please. :biggrin:

Top Bottom