Somebody made an expensive mistake...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Property tycoon Jon Hunt is suing a West London auto shop after his $1,4 million Lamborghini Miura SV burst into flames with his son inside. Fortunately, the young lad was able to get out of the car unharmed. The incident occurred last year with bystanders filming the blaze.

Jon Hunt, a UK billionaire who founded Foxtons estate agents, is taking legal action against H.R. Owen Dealerships, asking for £700,000, or about $1.1 million / €880,000, in compensation, including damages.

His son had taken delivery of the 1971 Mirua SV from the garage right after a service was completed. Less than a mile later, the rare Italian exotic exploded in flames and was completely destroyed....

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/man-sues-service-shop-after-14-million.html

A real tragedy whatever the reason to destroy one of these beautiful cars.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Er, they all do that, Sir.

young Ed

Veteran
not good!
looks like a rare one? (sorry not any good with super cars more agricultural machines and landrovers my self)

if it is rare and as it cost so much i should think it should be salvageable with a skilled panel beater to make up replacement panels or repair those that are damaged or destroyed. of course engine needs a full, thorough overhaul and damage assessed and rectified, as the owner is a millionaire if he really LOVES this car he could afford to get a casting company to cast a new replica engine head or whatever if that is what is need be
or if the engine is a write off he could try to find a replacement of some sort?

be expensive but if this car is his pride and joy worth it as he can afford it

anyway enough with that as that really belongs on a petrol head forum!
Cheers Ed

Last edited:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
not good!
looks like a rare one? (sorry not any good with super cars more agricultural machines and landrovers my self)

if it is rare and as it cost so much i should think it should be salvageable with a skilled panel beater to make up replacement panels or repair those that are damaged or destroyed
The journo kind of redacts 'totally destroyed' when mentioning the owner is offsetting the £200k salvage value of the remaining shell. Anything is fixable, but with a mid engined 70's sports car like this, there's a question about what the provenance of the remaining bits would be.

Lick of paint, that'll be a nice car (which was my dad's comment on pretty much everything I bought until I was in my mid-twenties.)

AndyRM

XOXO
not good!

if it is rare and as it cost so much i should think it should be salvageable with a skilled panel beater to make up replacement panels or repair those that are damaged or destroyed

Pretty rare - they only made 150.

In a different article I read that they were blaming the wrong kind of replacement spark plugs.

young Ed

Veteran
The journo kind of redacts 'totally destroyed' when mentioning the owner is offsetting the £200k salvage value of the remaining shell. Anything is fixable, but with a mid engined 70's sports car like this, there's a question about what the provenance of the remaining bits would be.

Lick of paint, that'll be a nice car (which was my dad's comment on pretty much everything I bought until I was in my mid-twenties.)
true but as a say if it is his pride and joy then if it were me i wouldn't even think about the £200k salvage value

totally up to him though
you could potentially with a very skilled panel beater with a workshop to dream of make a 100% replica using no original parts of just about any vehicle
Pretty rare - they only made 150.

In a different article I read that they were blaming the wrong kind of replacement spark plugs.
pretty damn rare then

not sure wrong type of spark plug would cause something like this normally?
so easy just to read numbers and letters of old plug and go on ebay and get a set of new ones for a tenner, done it many times for so many vehicles and it can turn a non-runner into a beautiful runner
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom