Sometimes the past IS all it's cracked up to be!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
When I was a younger man, I LOVED Elvis Costello's album "Get Happy". It was never one of his biggest sellers and spawned only one big hit (I can't stand up for falling down) but there were 20 songs, all short, punchy, tuneful and lyrically superb. Anyway, my vinyl copy is worn out so I took the plunge and bought it on i-tunes last night and listened to it today with a bit of trepidation lest it sound dated, old or just naff. I'm delighted to report that it sounds as good today as it did then! It is SUPERB stuff and it jolted me back to my youth. Seriously, get it right now. What are you wating for?

Mr Pig

I was listening to 'The Police-Regatta De Blanc' on vinyl over the past few days. It too sounds fresh and invigorating, these guys can really play.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
king's two albums have worn remarkably well. i hadn't listened to them since my pimply youth, but via a bit of spotify surfing i gave them another listen and have to say that they've worn well.

gang of four's entertainment! also transcends its era, as does television's marquee moon.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
gang of four's entertainment! also transcends its era, as does television's marquee moon.

Don't know that other stuff but I do remember I had Marquee Moon on green vinyl! John Peel said of it, "If you listen hard enough, you can hear the green"!

Mr Pig

You inspired me to go and listen to some Elvis Costello :0) Hard to pick a favorite track, so many great songs, but mine must be 'Peace Love And Understanding'. I can listen to that over and over, in fact I just did.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
You inspired me to go and listen to some Elvis Costello :0) Hard to pick a favorite track, so many great songs, but mine must be 'Peace Love And Understanding'. I can listen to that over and over, in fact I just did.

What's so funny about that?

Seriously though, give ALL the songs on "Get Happy" a listen. They're all amazing!

just jim

I thought, recently, as I stared into my night-time cocoa, that The Wedding Present's "George Best " sounded pretty neato, as did The Woodentop's "Giant" album.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
just jim said:
I thought, recently, as I stared into my night-time cocoa, that The Wedding Present's "George Best " sounded pretty neato, as did The Woodentop's "Giant" album.

NOW you're talking! I LOVE that Wedding Present album and you've whetted my appetite for the Woodentops as well! :sad: Happy days!

Dave5N

Über Member
I've been listening to My Bloody Valentine today. Loveless.

Asolutely marvellous.

Top Bottom