Specialized Allez Red - Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burlingo

Hello all!

Thought i'd give this a go. My 2010 specialized allez was stolen today outside the galleries shopping mall in Bristol outside a particually busy entrance to the shopping mall.

It was locked up in what I thought was a nice safe location specifically for bikes.

I have reported it to the police and also the mall security who will be reviewing CCTV in the next few days.

This bike was one of my favourite possessions. I had it just over a year and in that time did thousands of miles on it and even rode it to Paris.

I'd love to have it again, though I know that's not very likely.

Here's what it looks like:

allez2010red.jpg

I also added red tyres, Shimano A530 SPD single sided pedals, Cateye conputer.

Luckily being all red it really stands out, which might help.

I'm almost certain someone would have seen something happening as where i locked it up is very busy with people... thanks for not saying anything! >:sad:

Thank you for looking

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Having seen some video by Avon and Somerset police about a year or two ago - they manage to look as if they are just unlocking their bike and that it was over in under 30 seconds. Try reporting it on http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/ as well.

OP
OP
B

burlingo

Hello summerdays!

Yes, I understand it wouldn't be obvious to on-lookers what was going on.

Thanks for the tip. Just registered on the site, my bike is appearing on the homepage, facebook and twitter. Which is really helpful!

Thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
B

burlingo

cheers for the info, I'll definitely have a look!

I was using a combination lock, strong cable covered with tough plastic. Maybe I should have used a "D" lock too. Lesson learned.

Ulle

Hello all!

Thought i'd give this a go. My 2010 specialized allez was stolen today outside the galleries shopping mall in Bristol outside a particually busy entrance to the shopping mall.

It was locked up in what I thought was a nice safe location specifically for bikes.

I have reported it to the police and also the mall security who will be reviewing CCTV in the next few days.

This bike was one of my favourite possessions. I had it just over a year and in that time did thousands of miles on it and even rode it to Paris.

I'd love to have it again, though I know that's not very likely.

Here's what it looks like:

allez2010red.jpg

I also added red tyres, Shimano A530 SPD single sided pedals, Cateye conputer.

Luckily being all red it really stands out, which might help.

I'm almost certain someone would have seen something happening as where i locked it up is very busy with people... thanks for not saying anything! >:sad:

Thank you for looking

Sorry to hear!
Put up lots and lots of notes with a reward if you can and mention no questions asked. The sooner the better, and tell people in the area to keep and eye out.
It gave my bike back.

Good luck
Ulle

Ulle

Oh, and ad it on Bike shepheard as stolen. Then it comes up in searches as stolen and make it harder to sell.
Check Bikeshd website too.

e-rider

crappy member
cheers for the info, I'll definitely have a look!

I was using a combination lock, strong cable covered with tough plastic. Maybe I should have used a "D" lock too. Lesson learned.

there's no such thing as a strong cable - I bet this was cut in under 5 seconds!

Use TWO good quality D-locks next time

Top Bottom