Specialized allez sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen wilby

I have had my new specialized allez sport stolen from outside work in pontefract. It is white with red and black trim. It was locked up in a bike shed at next warehouse and had the lock cut. I have serial number if anyone has any info email me please.

Is there a good lock that can't be easily broken that i can buy to ensure it won't be stolen again so easily.

Thabk you. Stephen.

smithy92

What type of lock did you have on it when it was stolen?

OP
OP
S

Stephen wilby

I have h a tip off a couple of scruffy lookin bloke was seen with it in the next village so i may be in look. Unless i have to take the law in to my own hands for my pride and joy.

OP
OP
S

Stephen wilby

Police aparently took 2 racing bikes off a couple of scrufy looking lads last night. Hopefully when i ring them up one of them is mine.

e-rider

crappy member
good luck.

For future reference - any cable type lock, even the ones with reinforced shells covering the cable and costing £60 are total CRAP! 5 seconds to cut through with simple bolt croppers.

Get yourself a good quality D-lock (or 2) next time.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Another vote for D- lock , and another lock as well !
I know cable locks are easy to cut but add one to a d lock and the thief will have a more difficlut job and take other bikes that are a lot easier to steal.
Of course for the ultimate deterrent add mudgaurds and a pannier rack :smile:

Sorry for your loss but realistically you do not have much chance of getting it back .If the bike shed was broken into and was reasonably secure then could you look into whether your household insurance covers you?
My bikes are covered on my house insurance as separate items includng theft assuming i lock them up.

Top Bottom