Specialized Hardrock Sport Nicked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveoo

Went to the garage this morning bike missing big hole in roof where two sheets of corrugated steel had been removed.Neighbours garden was littered with tools and the garage floor was neatly covered with bottles.Everything had been removed from the shelves to avoid any noise.
Rang it in to police got crime number will be several days before anyone will turn up (thats if any progress is made) so not counting on seeing it again (only had it three months gutted).
So if anyone in the Bradford area (west yorkshire)is offered one on the cheap please feel free to break the bastards legs or at least let me have the pleasure.
Suppose i will have to claim on the insurance now,pay the excess then watch my premiums go up!

akb

Veteran
Might be an idea to put the bike spec up incase anyone is offered it or if it is posted on eBay...

OP
OP
steveoo

steveoo

bike has been on ebay so i informed the police.They arranged to see it but on arrival they have to reveal who they really are and the bike was kept elsewhere.farks me off i,ve found out who nicked it and i know where its kept but theres sod all i can do.

JohnHenry

Loose member.
Can't you buy it with PayPal and then retract? Whoever it is would have to have some brass neck to follow you up - particularly if Old Bill are aware.

OP
OP
steveoo

steveoo

As soon as the police had been to see them they removed the listing.Plus things could escalate if i was to take things into my own hands, and having a family prevents me from doing this.

OP
OP
steveoo

steveoo

Just heard from the police today that the guy who nicked my bike has been convicted.
48 burglarys and he got 12 months and will be out in 6.He told the police he will continue to steal and that no sentence will deter him.
F---ing joke

OP
OP
steveoo

steveoo

New update the lad who nicked my bike got 6 months he only served 28 days thats half a day for each crime.
He has been out 4 days and has done two burglarys bikes stolen both times.I have found out that he is part of a family of ten who were forced out of the estate they were on by local residents due to the thieving they were doing,they have a panic button directly to the local police station.
The lad has been given one good kicking last week which put him in hospital however word has it that he has scarpered because the police are after him again,i think its more lickley that he has heard someone has more than just a kicking in store for him.

e-rider

crappy member
why isn't ebay getting into shoot for this, everyone knows that loads of stolen bikes are sold on that site - time something was done about it.

stephen.rooke

they should make it so all bikes are registered on a central database like cars and make it illegal to sell or buy one without an official registration certificate

Top Bottom