Specialized | Whyte | Boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not really, not looked at flat bars lately, you’ll just need to compare the geometries of the bikes available to you in your size/budget/preferred colour. The info should be out there on manufacturer websites, or go try them for yourself.
if flexibility and posture is an issue, try some Pilates too :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Where do I find the details about that virtual tube length you’re referring to? I’ve never seen that phrase written anywhere
The virtual top tube length (C) on the large Whitechapel is 613mm.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Hi there. That is for replying. Yeah I hear you, but you know the Whyte sizing is quite different than the other bikes I had. In size large the seat tube length is only 49cm and in size XL is 53cm. I had a Boardman before and their Large sized seat tube length was 54cm 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ignore seat tube length. IMO fit is about virtual/horizontal top tube length.

....but a bigger frame is going to put the handlebars further away from the saddle, so you may ind you ar reaching "down" even more.

If you feel cramped for room then get a larger frame size, but I think you are saying you find the drop from saddle to bars too far, you you want a more sit up and beg style bike. Maybe a set of riser bars rather than flat bars would work?
Larger frame and swap out the stem for shorter one? I went from 110 to 90 on one of mine to get the fit more comfortable

vickster

Legendary Member
I decided that I am going for a Buzzbike. Thanks for your help guys
:scratch::scratch: what’s one of them?

OP
OP
B

bkulacs0410

My steel bike doesn’t weigh that even with derailleurs, but if it works for you as a concept, all good :okay:
I’ll see how it turns out, but for now I can’t find any bike that I feel good about so will try this now and I can always buy one later. Listen, you’ve been really good to me. Thanks for all your replies and helps. You’re great 😉👍🏻

Top Bottom