Speeding and jumping a red is "Careless"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi, guys new to the site have a bit of interest in bikes due to my partner being a fanatic.
Ive read all comments above, and agree with many...craig was my big brother at present no speculation sentence hearing is tomorrow. In answer to Ern 1e the was no reason given as to why she wasn't concentrating on the road. only she will probably know( there was spectulation over arguing with her parnter and child also in the car. )
I will post on here tomorrow to give you the outcome of the sentence.
as a driver myself I still dont understand how anyone could not concentrate on the road....and be awarecof there surrounding and other traffic.
But also my number one priorty is cyclists....have a family of cyclist (partner &kids) of my own.
I feel more should be done to make more awareness of cyclists (although they have ads about speed kills) they never really use cyclists as an example.
hope you dont mind my post on this thread.
thanks
Hi Nicola and welcome I am not sure how to word this having now read that it was your big brother who was involved, any loss of life due to bad driving is in my opinion a tradgedy and if she was having arguements in car with who ever then it is even more so.Please do let us all know the outcome of the trial and her sentence and my thoughts are with you at this time.
Ern1e.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Rouguiatou Fofana was sentenced to nine months in prison, suspended for two year at Coventry Crown Court. Fofana was also ordered to carry out 100 hours unpaid work and she was disqualified from driving for three years.
She was also ordered to pay £2,000 costs at a rate of £100 per month.
Fofana, who is originally from Guinea, has never apologised for the crash. She maintains that the lights were on green when the collision took place.
Ben Williams, defending, said: “It’s a fact of the rules of the road that a cyclist should not be using a pedestrian crossing.”
Judge Phillip Gregory retorted: “So what? It might have been a child using the crossing and been wiped out by your client.
He added: “I have never seen an expression of regret from her.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom