Spent the day night in Hospital

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I kid you not.At 12-00 lunchtime yesterday,i went to sit in the sunshine in the garden.I had done a bit of housework,ironing and cleaning the upstairs windows.When i started to get a tight pain in my chest,i tried to walk it off,it went,but this happened three more times,before i sought advice from 111 .They sent an ambulance,i had two more attacks before i was taken into Leeds Gen Infirmary.So four hours later i am not having a heart attack,but i am going to be transferred to Jimmies.This is now seven in the evening.I am taken to Surgical Assessment Unit.Where three and a half hours later,i am told i have had an Acid Reflux attack,i am also told my stomach is swollen and tender.It is now eleven pm.My blood count is 229 it should be 110.This could be because of all the pills i am taking,a review with my GP is advised.Now comes the reason ,i am CONSTIPATED,never, but it seems i am.So i am offered a bed for the night and a dose of laxative.At three am i climb into bed.Drink the juice and at eight am i blow the pot to smitherines,another blast at ten i am given an antacid pill and a prescription and told to take these daily from now on.Home at 12-30.What is next in the exciting life of a retired unhealthy Postman,Constipated,i don't believe it.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I kid you not.At 12-00 lunchtime yesterday,i went to sit in the sunshine in the garden.I had done a bit of housework,ironing and cleaning the upstairs windows.When i started to get a tight pain in my chest,i tried to walk it off,it went,but this happened three more times,before i sought advice from 111 .They sent an ambulance,i had two more attacks before i was taken into Leeds Gen Infirmary.So four hours later i am not having a heart attack,but i am going to be transferred to Jimmies.This is now seven in the evening.I am taken to Surgical Assessment Unit.Where three and a half hours later,i am told i have had an Acid Reflux attack,i am also told my stomach is swollen and tender.It is now eleven pm.My blood count is 229 it should be 110.This could be because of all the pills i am taking,a review with my GP is advised.Now comes the reason ,i am CONSTIPATED,never, but it seems i am.So i am offered a bed for the night and a dose of laxative.At three am i climb into bed.Drink the juice and at eight am i blow the pot to smitherines,another blast at ten i am given an antacid pill and a prescription and told to take these daily from now on.Home at 12-30.What is next in the exciting life of a retired unhealthy Postman,Constipated,i don't believe it.
We always thought you were full of .... anyhow, glad it's curable ;-)

Google 'Agent Picolax' therein lies a tale ......

GWS

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm glad you are just constipated and not having heart problems.
How full of it were you to be backed up to the stomach!! No wonder you cracked the pan.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Google 'Agent Picolax' therein lies a tale ......
I think that was the stuff I was given, pre-colonoscopy. It certainly clears you out :ohmy:.
Hope that your internal flush has done the trick @postman , and that you have no more episodes like that.

RMurphy195

Had acid reflux a couple of years back -a very scary visit to my GP put my mind at rest that it wasn't something more serious! He gave me some tablets, I looked it up on the internet and found that my drinking habits were a possible cause, so I tried giving up guzzling ice-cold milk and hey presto, problem gone!

Taking medical advice is THE right thing to do for this one, no shadow of a doubt!

Top Bottom