Spesh Sirrus Elite stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raistlin

Über Member
Bike was stolen from work a week ago. They cut through the locked cycle cage before opening the door from the inside, cutting through my lock and riding away at about 6.50 in the evening. Gutted. However had a call from the Police today and they have arrested, interviewed and charged someone this morning for nicking it due to the CCTV footage!! Local addict well know to them for similar crimes. :angry:

Seems like once they arrested him he was happy to cough for the lot as he had started rehab yesterday and wants to go clean!! Funny that, nothing to do with the court case on the 4th then when the sob story will look good in front of the judge!!!! I bet he gets off with a minor fine or community service and I am stuck without my pride and joy......:angry:

Suprise suprise no sign of the bike and he has no recollection of what he did with it.....

In the hands of the insurance now :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bummer, but welcome to CycleChat anyway!

e-rider

crappy member
all very unfortunate - he should be made accountable for his actions whether doped-up or not - however, as you say; he'll get away lightly

Drugs are a big problem in every way you think about it

postman

Legendary Member
Rehab eh ,wants to come clean .Yeah right .

I will pay for his 'snip' like the American company who paid the other druggie .

But mine will be different .I'll snip his head from his neck !!!!

sayek1

many hard drug users have suffered terrible childhood and sexual/physical abuse - perhaps bear this in mind.

I can't believe this drivel - so that makes it OK to break into peoples property and steal from them!!!! What about the fact that the legal owner may have worked their fingers to the bone to purchase something they value deeply and truly treasure. I have no sympath for these low life stealing scum. Whilst their background maybe rough/tough that doesn't make it right. Because I have a hard day/week/month do I get to do whatever I like to whomever I like and everyone just goes "not to worry he's having a difficult day" does it heck.

I'd like to see these scumbags made to pay properly and stop this lefty pinko forgiveness pisch. Sorry, but I've had a rough day!!!!

Norm

I would add to sayek's post that many have suffered terrible childhoods and sexual/physical abuse but they didn't use it as an excuse to seek the refuge of drugs.

I'd also say that many hard drug users have not suffered terrible childhoods and sexual/physical abuse.

However, I am laughing aloud at the irony of sayek closing his post with " Sorry, but I've had a rough day!!!! " I thought that wasn't a reason to act how you liked. :biggrin:

sayek1

Hi Norm,

That was my attempt at irony. My hard day is defined as being frustrated that I couldn't get out on my bike today - winter has arrived in Scotland with the temperature being down at zero degrees this morning & a thick layer of ice/frost.

Here's to hoping it warms up for a few more weeks yet before I hybernate for the rest of winter.

Regards
K

e-rider

crappy member
hold on, my post was simply a response to the previous few comments that suggested extreme punishment was in order

I didn't even suggest that it was acceptable behaviour or an excuse to do what one likes - simply something that should be considered when deciding on suitable punishment (such as fines/jail time etc) and that to class all such drug users as the same is unfair. As you say, some have no history of abuse, but sadly very many do.

Comparing a hard day/week with childhood abuse is simply ridiculous.

Fran143

Über Member
hold on, my post was simply a response to the previous few comments that suggested extreme punishment was in order

I didn't even suggest that it was acceptable behaviour or an excuse to do what one likes - simply something that should be considered when deciding on suitable punishment (such as fines/jail time etc) and that to class all such drug users as the same is unfair. As you say, some have no history of abuse, but sadly very many do.

Comparing a hard day/week with childhood abuse is simply ridiculous.

It's clear to me the Sayek1 wasn't actually comparing "having a bad day/week" with childhood abuse, my interpretation of his post is that many children who suffer terrible abuse do not go on to terrorise/rob/abuse others nor do they become addicted to drugs. He is right that harsher punishments are required in order to stop junkie scum thinking they have the right to invade our homes. lives and children. In my experience many drug abusers do so because they are addicts through no one else's fault but there own and put the need for drugs above the rights of your normal hardworking person in the street. Why should we suffer because they have an addiction?

Top Bottom