Stadt Moers CX today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
2 degrees. Intermittent heavy hail. 30mph gusts. lots and lots of muddy climbs.

I was crap, but it was excellent! really! I had no (read no) braking capacity for the last three laps (long story) so had to stagger downhill as well as up. I was glad when it was over but on reflection it was a lot of fun. Runny mud for a change as well so I didn't get all clogged up.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I don't know much about 'cross but I now know that runny mud is better than the thicker variety.

Hail! ouch.

yenrod

Dan - sorry didn't introduce myslf at end or beginning.

What happened to me was I went round some of the course and thought they'd all gone round (i'd entered the park at the other side) as I seen the tracks & was thinking you may have got the time wrong BUT according to the bloke I was with from the Liverpool Mercury Cycling Club - told me that the Adults had yet to start.

So I was in a prime position at the top of the worst incline.

Dan - hats off to you mate: that was one mother of a day of a race, everybody who done that deserved a big pat on the back - you all tried really hard big time !!!!!

:bravo:

Though about half-way through some bloke had an off just after where I'd situated myself so the marshal (no.1) stayed where he was and I went round to - where he'd came off on an off-camber corner/up section (going from road to track)

So the mashal (no.2) and myself sorted him out - I had a small 1st Aid kit on me which I always carry round with us in my backpack and the bloke cleaned his elbow wound and bandaged him pretty ok sorted him for warmth and the likes. Then I went back up to the marshall (no.1) told him and learnt later from no.2 - marshal: no.1 marshal had helped him back to the start/finish.

It was, like Dan says - REALLY irritatingly bad weather for the race but seemed to go over after it'd finished, I noticed.

Its easier riding a race I feel as marshalling-spectating you simply get freezing-cold/wet so you may as well brave the elements and rough it.

...anyhow - here's a small video with awfull commentary by myself :rolleyes: and the bloke I was with.

Sorry for the swearing at the start !

Dan is on it !!!

N.B. Watch it small rather than full size its only a 2MP camera at best !

http://rapidshare.com/files/166692278/MOV0028A.mp4.html

trio25

Über Member
Didn't work for me either!

I'm missing cross racing, will you be at Bolton next weekend dan_bo I'll be there!

yenrod

dan_bo said:
So was that you stood with old jim stanistreet yenbo? I thought so- should have let on proper!

I've only just been able to feel me fingers!

When your in the middle of racing, then...

yenrod

dan_bo said:
It certainly wouldn't have made any difference to my placing ;)

It is quite comical that though:-

[in the middle of a race]

YEN: 'Hi, my names yenrod/L** from the forum - you know'..

DAN: 'breath,breath,...oh (heavy breathing) - yeah, oh, (heavy breathing) - hi...'

:evil:

Looked a grim old day. Finally got that vid to work. I was most impressed by the efforts of all involved. A few on mtn bikes as well.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
trio25 said:
Didn't work for me either!

I'm missing cross racing, will you be at Bolton next weekend dan_bo I'll be there!

One thing I didn't mention was the comedy wheel bend I inflicted upon myself 5 mins before the start of the race- I went to hop up the kerb outside sign-in and forgot what I was doing. Next thing I know W was looking up at the sky having put my knee through the front wheel- honestly it was bent in two with the rim split in two places!. bugger. I borrowed a front wheel off the ubiquitous and generous Stanistreets and went and raced. So, in answer to your question Trio, I'll be there if I get another wheel sorted in time:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:.

Top Bottom