Steves Pan Celtic Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I cannot remember if I told. You.

I set off from Denmark to France on the Wednesday. The PCR start was on the Sunday. My flight changed at Amsterdam. The onward flight to Rennes was full. On arrival at Rennes not one piece of luggage came off the plane. On checking my tracker. I could see the bike was still at Schipol airport. I was told it would be forwarded to my airbnb in St. Malo. For the next 3 days I spoke to so many agents on the phone trying to get my bike back to no avail.

I waved the riders off on Sunday morning and got the train to Rennes. My tracker was still at Schipol. I got on the aeroplane and checked my tracker. I was on top of my bike. The bike came with me to Frankfurt and then the battery died. I arrived home at 1am and my bike arrived at 10am. So it probably flew all the way home to Denmark with me.

Its odd that they sent it from Amsterdam to Rennes to Frankfurt to Denmark and on the same flights as me.

I have a free ticket for next years race which starts on IOM and the TT course. I think I will have a bike there waiting for me. 😁

13 rider

Guru
Such a shame Steve to have it stopped before you even started through no fault of your own

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A few weeks have passed since the Pan Celtic Race has finished and a strange thing happened. I got post race blues, even though I never actually rode in the race. Thats odd.

Thinking of it logically, I did all the prep work. The training, sorting and testing kit, organising travel, getting to France, the anticipation. It takes up a big chunk of your life and then it just stops.

When I got home, I closed down the Strava Group until next year. Being admin for the group was great fun and I enjoyed running competitions and getting to know riders and their routes.

I have ridden very little since I returned from France. The dark mornings have returned and so the 20km ride to work is not as appealing. There has been a distinct lack of mojo.

But the kilos are creeping on the body, but thankfully the blues are lifting and I got the bike out this week to start doing something about it .

I have been offered a place in next years Pan Celtic Race (the final edition) and so training may as well start now. I believe next years course will be entirely in the UK and I have not visited for 15 years. So that is something I am looking forward to.

Onwards and upwards. 🙂🙂

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If lightening strikes twice, put out a call, I'm sure someone can lend you a bike for the race! At least you can fly direct into UK.

Someone has already offered me a bike for next year. But I prefer to use my own. I may order a new one in the UK and pick it up when I get there and ride it home to Denmark.

Top Bottom