stolen bike - glasgow green today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobski

Good Evening.

I was wondering if you could possibly help me.

My bike was chained up today at West Brewery bar and restaurant at approx 13.45. Two young boys in hoodies cut my bike chain and took my bike. They were seen taking the bike into the housing estate at Monteith Row.

It was a Forme Peak Trail 2 bike 2012 ( mens) , blue and white in colour.
The bike had GPs attached, lights, bag rack and a water bottle holder attached.
The bike is only 10 days old, and there was a small chip in the paint on the top bar of the bike on the right hand side.
We have reported it missing to the police.

Please if you see a bike like this in the area or shop can you let me know.

We are currently getitng cctv from the pub along with informaition from people who seen it happen from their offices.

Any information/help is much appreciated

Louise

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hear about your bike.

Check out THIS thread which has some great tips that may help you find your bike.

jim55

Guru
yeah ,il copy and paste ur post onto gfgss.com and il keep my eyes open ,im a community service officer and work from a unit next to the brewery ,il prob hear something from one of the offenders that i work with ,chances are if they young scum are out stealing bikes most of the guys (neds for want of a btr word )will know them ,i hope u get it back and if they get caught and get comm service il b taking an interest !
really sorry to hear this

OP
OP
B

bobski

yeah ,il copy and paste ur post onto gfgss.com and il keep my eyes open ,im a community service officer and work from a unit next to the brewery ,il prob hear something from one of the offenders that i work with ,chances are if they young scum are out stealing bikes most of the guys (neds for want of a btr word )will know them ,i hope u get it back and if they get caught and get comm service il b taking an interest !
really sorry to hear this

Thanks very much, i still cant get over how they cut the chain. hopefully the cctv will help! fingers are crossed!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Very sorry to read this. :sad:

Really hope you get your bike back in one piece and the nickers are nicked ! :ninja:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sorry to hear this Louise, I ride through the Green almost every day.
Hope you'll find your bike again!

OP
OP
B

bobski

Me too. got the bike to aid weight loss for my wedding :sad:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thieving scumbags. I do some cycling up in the city and around Glasgow Green, so will keep my eyes open. I have even been known to stop at the West Brewery, leaving my bike chained up outside. Will be carrying my (heavy) Abus Granite U-lock from now on :sad:.

e-rider

crappy member
I once had a bike stolen after 14 days - that was back in 1996 and it still makes me angry today!
my advice is 2 fold
1. never leave a decent bike locked up anywhere (except in your house)
2. use a decent lock; NEVER a chain/cable type, not even the expensive ones as they are all easily cut

Top Bottom