Stolen From Hitchin Herts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

angusthecat

Hi there,
I had my beloved 1970s Raleigh Shopper stolen from the garden on Thurs Sept 1st in the evening It is purple with a black wire basket with the original purple bag at the back, it has new pedals and tires.
I miss my bike so much, I have reported to police and put notices everywhere. :sad:

e-rider

crappy member
Bike thefts from Gardens are extremely common - most people don't bother to lock them in their own garden! I've lost two that way and have finally learnt my lesson!

porteous

Veteran
It is really heart-breaking when some low life steals something as personal as a bike. I hope you have reported it to the police and are keeping an eye on the local small ads and E-Bay.

The good news: If you have a crime number you might find that your house insurance will cover the loss.

Raleigh shoppers are frequently on E-Bay and change hands quite cheaply, so replacing your bike with a similar one which might, in time, become an old friend, should not break the bank. When you do get another: Record the frame number. Get a D lock and keep it locked in the garage or a secure shed. sadly, as money gets tighter, these sort of petty thefts always increase. Good Luck

OP
OP
A

angusthecat

Hi guys and thanks for your kind replies great news!!! I found my bike it was just a few streets away dumped in the street against a wall sheer chance as I dont often go up that particular road I cannot believe it ! cos I thought Id never ever thought Id see it again There is a God :biggrin:

porteous

Veteran
That's really good news! Buy a D lock and record the bike's serial number (usually stamped under the bottom bracket where the pedals go through, or at the top of the seat tube). Think about putting details, including a photo, on Immobilise (which is free and used by most police forces), in case she goes wandering again. That should ensure you enjoy many more happy years cycling.

Hi guys and thanks for your kind replies great news!!! I found my bike it was just a few streets away dumped in the street against a wall sheer chance as I dont often go up that particular road I cannot believe it ! cos I thought Id never ever thought Id see it again There is a God :biggrin:

OP
OP
A

angusthecat

:biggrin: Hi Porteous
I have brought D lock today and will defo put details on immobilise Main thing is I will never leave the old girl unlocked again!

Top Bottom