Stolen - Orro STC Gold (London)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vamster

An Orro STC Gold was stolen outside London Independent Hospital between 19:20 and 20:00 yesterday. The bike was double d-locked and had two cables but these were cut straight through. A reminder that with the right tools, every bike is vulnerable so make sure you get bike insurance people.

Attachments

• DC9D1269-F124-4D60-AE6B-0A9439A893A9.jpg
    DC9D1269-F124-4D60-AE6B-0A9439A893A9.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3184.jpg
    IMG_3184.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 11

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oof - portable angry grinder - you aren't going to stop one of them.

Double D lock plus cable ties. The max security setup.

This where N+1 comes in. A second bike for work commute or when you cannot have direct line of sight.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A sad indictment of the society we live in today. Nobody can use a nice bike due to the activity of these scumbags.

Its a bike. You cannot drag it around the hospital with you. Thats why you insure your bike. Having said that. I wonder if that D lock would satisfy the insurers.

I've had different insurers who have specified it must be a 'Gold' standard lock, or must be attached to an immoveable object or simply that is is locked (any lock). They all have their different requirements it seems but is definately something we must check when taking the insurance!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Darius_Jedburgh is quite correct. You really shouldn't leave an expensive bike out of sight. You know that as most of us do, as much as it's unhelpful and maybe upsetting to the OP. I can imagine a lot of us on here have been in the same situation at one time or another and, no it's not very nice. But you live and learn as they say, sometimes, the hard way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom