Stolen Road Bike Btwin Triban3 White Vauxhall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
just had my bike stolen at my work place.

BTwin Triban White with White Shimano SPDs, Zefal Swan Mudguards and an AirZound.

Bike was under two months old.

They've taken everything except the front wheel (quick release) and taken another wheel from another bike in the same area.

I've awaiting a phone call from the police.

Will post photos

OP
OP
S

Sandeep2504

Regular
A photo of the bike:
2vmijog.jpg

There is a small 2mm chip on the rear frame by the mudguard inlet above the brakes on the right hand side of the bike and the front hood right hand side is scuffed on the inside.

OP
OP
S

Sandeep2504

Regular
did you only lock the front wheel then?

Stupidly yes, I got lax and trusted it to be safe at work in a gated square.

The second bike was only locked by frame so they took that and put it on mine.

Bike was only one month old and the CCTV is not recording either so I'm stuffed.

OP
OP
S

Sandeep2504

Regular
The Police finally came to see me today.

Initially on Friday after reporting the robbery, they said they would call me back within thirty minutes. Over an hour later, I had enough of waiting and went home then out to the pub to drown my sorrows.

I then got a call Saturday morning at 07:30, asking if they could see me that day at 7pm. After explaining it was my workplace, i arranged for them to come to work today at 3pm. After chasing them up, they eventually got to work at 4pm.

They seemed nice enough chaps, had a look around the racks/area, took statements from myself and the chap whose front wheel was taken and had a word with the site manager about the CCTV not working.

They were hopeful it could be found as its easily identifiable; i highly recommend registering your bikes on http://www.immobilise.com/ as you get a free logbook which i printed and handed it to the police along with photos of the bike.

D

Deleted member 20519

Sorry to hear about your bike :sad: Immobilise is a must, I registered mine the day I got it and I update the pictures if something on the bike has changed.

e-rider

crappy member
The Police finally came to see me today.

Initially on Friday after reporting the robbery, they said they would call me back within thirty minutes. Over an hour later, I had enough of waiting and went home then out to the pub to drown my sorrows.

I then got a call Saturday morning at 07:30, asking if they could see me that day at 7pm. After explaining it was my workplace, i arranged for them to come to work today at 3pm. After chasing them up, they eventually got to work at 4pm.

They seemed nice enough chaps, had a look around the racks/area, took statements from myself and the chap whose front wheel was taken and had a word with the site manager about the CCTV not working.

They were hopeful it could be found as its easily identifiable; i highly recommend registering your bikes on http://www.immobilise.com/ as you get a free logbook which i printed and handed it to the police along with photos of the bike.
when one of my bikes got stolen the police were very helpful and promised to do all kinds of things to find the bike - reality was they did nothing at all, and didn't even come to my house as promised. The say all that just to keep you happy at the start!

OP
OP
S

Sandeep2504

Regular
I don't believe this :cursing: .

We've had another bike stolen today at work.

This time they've cut a cable lock from a Kryptonite lock, taken the rear wheel and and taken another bike leaving the rear wheel, cutting another cable!

Guess what, our CCTV is still not recording too and people have been caught loitering about the bike racks since my bike was taken.

Is there anything legal we can do?

The owners of the square our company operates are useless and incompetent and there a lot of unhappy cyclists plus there is a high chance we could have caught them by now and i may have got my bike back.

OP
OP
S

Sandeep2504

Regular
another twist was the last bike taken was found in camberwell by a colleague the next day.

there were a group lads selling it in the street when a colleague from work spotted it and when challenged, the lads ran off before the police arrived.

e-rider

crappy member
another twist was the last bike taken was found in camberwell by a colleague the next day.

there were a group lads selling it in the street when a colleague from work spotted it and when challenged, the lads ran off before the police arrived.
...and if they hadn't run off before the police arrived, what would have happened? Answer: probably nothing!
The best approach is to prevent your bike getting stolen in the first place, as once it has been stolen, the outlook isn't good and the law offers nothing which only adds to the pain

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I don't believe this :cursing: .

We've had another bike stolen today at work.

This time they've cut a cable lock from a Kryptonite lock, taken the rear wheel and and taken another bike leaving the rear wheel, cutting another cable!

Guess what, our CCTV is still not recording too and people have been caught loitering about the bike racks since my bike was taken.

Is there anything legal we can do?

The owners of the square our company operates are useless and incompetent and there a lot of unhappy cyclists plus there is a high chance we could have caught them by now and i may have got my bike back.

I'd be paying some interest in the Site Manager chap that controls the CCTV, surely if he alone knows it doesn't work, that would make him a suspect?

Top Bottom