stopping for a pee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nosherduke996

:tongue:Hi all, can anybody explain how the tour de france boys ride for 4 to 6 hrs without stopping for a pee. When i go out i have to stop at some point because of all the fluid intake:tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They usually stop by the side of the road, sometimes in en masse, or just piss themselves

Hont

Guru
Unsurprisingly the camera normally cuts away when they are having a pee, but they quite often pee whilst moving along. I once saw Armstrong having a pee going up a hill (before the director realised and cut away)! Rubiera was forced to push him along.

Don't try this at home.;-)

Hont

Guru
...And there's a revealing bit in "A significant other" that describes Jan Ullrich dealing with a dose of the squits. Apparently he stopped 3 times but stank so bad that his team mates were regularly pouring bottles of water over him to try and clean him up a bit.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Was it Greg Lemond who also had a bad time during with the trots.... afterwards he was on podium as yellow jersey winner and the podium girls faces were to behold!

I am Spartacus said:
Was it Greg Lemond who also had a bad time during with the trots.... afterwards he was on podium as yellow jersey winner and the podium girls faces were to behold!
Simpson too. Apparently his mechanic had to hose his bike down afterwards...;)

Noodley

My mate (yes, I only have one :sad:) tells the story of when he was riding behind a very well known audaxeer and he was wondering why it was raining when there were no clouds.....:smile:

harryhead

Noodley said:
My mate (yes, I only have one :biggrin:) tells the story of when he was riding behind a very well known audaxeer and he was wondering why it was raining when there were no clouds.....:smile:

WTF! the rain goes all the way...:smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Saddle bum

Über Member
Charly Gaul, TdF winner 1958, was also known as Monsewer Pee-pee. He is acknowledged as the pioneer of peeing whilst still riding. The old wollen shorts were better at being rolled up to allow the "member" to be deployed.

stephec

Legendary Member
I am Spartacus said:

Apparently it ran out of him like muddy water, and as it hit the revolving spokes the **** really hit the fan. ;)

Jake

As posted already, some stop by the side of the road, sometimes on mass. Some get their bits out on the go. We watched France2 at work, so lcuky enough to watch the tour start to finish. Camera got one guy this year, forget who, didn't see too much. Last year there was a birds eye view of it all. Editors seem to be saving their embaressment.

Top Bottom