Strava changing to OpenStreetMap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just noticed that strava is no longer using Google Maps.

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/95423147-Feedback-for-Strava-s-new-maps-Open-Street-Maps-

Not sure how I feel about this. Comments under the article are mostly negative. Assume it was done to save money.

I guess I'll see how I settle in to the new style.
I mentioned that in another post in Tea. One thing I've noticed is you can't zoom in and drop the little google street view man on the map to show the start and end of segments. I am sure that will annoy a lot of people.

I mentioned that in another post in Tea. One thing I've noticed is you can't zoom in and drop the little google street view man on the map to show the start and end of segments. I am sure that will annoy a lot of people.
Ah, I'm ignoring that thread. Presumably that's why it didn't show up when I searched for strava.

Never liked streetview within strava. Find it hard to use without the little inset map to show which direction you are facing.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Ok, so I don't use strava but OSM is significantly superior to Google Maps. All that's lacking is an equivalent of streetview but I'm sure it won't be long.

Top Bottom