Sub Bucket List

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Inspired by the things that everyone has done but you haven't thread ...

That thread has a lot of "things I've never done and never intend to" (like eating KFC, watching Big Brother etc)

This thread is for you've never done, and probably wouldn't mind doing given the chance - but it's not such a big deal that you are going to put yourself out so it may never happen.

I'll kick off with a few cycling related ones:

- Ride a recumbent. I wouldn't mind a go on one, but it's pretty unlikely to ever happen. I'm not curious enough to go to any effort.
- Ride a lightweight carbon bike. I don't know anyone who has one that's big enough for me to lend me. I'd fancy a quick go if I did.
- Do some cycling in Scotland. I have a friend who lives up on the West Coast (near Skye) but it's such a faff getting there, I doubt I'll ever manage to organise getting both me and bike up there. Still, maybe. That's edging a bit close to proper bucket list.

I'm skipping "Ride a tour de France climb" As that's proper bucket-list stuff and I do have plans for that.

markemark

Über Member
Have a threesome. It was pretty good but nothing amazing. There were a couple of no-shows to be fair but I made the best of it.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've always fancied a go on a Harley-Davidson, to see what all the fuss is about, but I don't want one and don't even like them.

Actually I could add "Ride a Motorbike" to mine. On second thoughts, I did have a go on a Puch Maxi when I was about 16 so nah. Done that.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The title of this thread is misleading.

In what way? A bucket list is a list of things you really want to do before you kick the bucket. This is things that you wouldn't mind doing, but leaving them undone would be no great loss.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
- Ride a recumbent. I wouldn't mind a go on one, but it's pretty unlikely to ever happen. I'm not curious enough to go to any effort.
- Ride a lightweight carbon bike. I don't know anyone who has one that's big enough for me to lend me. I'd fancy a quick go if I did.
- Do some cycling in Scotland. I have a friend who lives up on the West Coast (near Skye) but it's such a faff getting there, I doubt I'll ever manage to organise getting both me and bike up there. Still, maybe. That's edging a bit close to proper bucket list.
I overlap a bit on these. I've also ridden a Puch Maxi, amongst other M'bike.

Recumbent, same curious - but not enough to give cash and garage space over to one. I might mug @Ming the Merciless for a ride on his if I ever cross his path on the Hertfordshire lanes....
I'd put the saddle up on my Bianchi for you...although its not hugely different from riding a lightweight steel bike, but different enough if that steel bike is weighed down with racks and panniers etc. I guess
Mine would be do more scottish cycling, having had a brief taster last year. Bike on train is defo the way to go, but the OH isn't keen on lugging luggage, nor travelling ultra light, so does need a route with a luggage transfer service. re getting there, despite the moans that some people say, the bike on train option is pretty decent, although you would have the cross London hassle. I quite fancy Kintyre Peninsula to Inverness (caledonian way) but I need to balance that with the fact that I dont like midges, or shoot weather, or the OH moaning about midges and shoot weather.

Slick

Guru
When I was younger I pretty much did as I fancied, probably powered on by the number of old boys that taught me loads, but they did mention regret from time to time. Obviously I grew up in a very different era and had lots more opportunities to do things, but I reckon I'm now at an age where I'm content with little left to prove, but I do have a strange hankering to go back to where it all began, working the land on a farm. Obviously that's just a fanciful notion, as I'd probably faint now if I'm ever asked to do a days graft again. :crazy:

Slick

Guru
I overlap a bit on these. I've also ridden a Puch Maxi, amongst other M'bike.

Recumbent, same curious - but not enough to give cash and garage space over to one. I might mug @Ming the Merciless for a ride on his if I ever cross his path on the Hertfordshire lanes....
I'd put the saddle up on my Bianchi for you...although its not hugely different from riding a lightweight steel bike, but different enough if that steel bike is weighed down with racks and panniers etc. I guess
Mine would be do more scottish cycling, having had a brief taster last year. Bike on train is defo the way to go, but the OH isn't keen on lugging luggage, nor travelling ultra light, so does need a route with a luggage transfer service. re getting there, despite the moans that some people say, the bike on train option is pretty decent, although you would have the cross London hassle. I quite fancy Kintyre Peninsula to Inverness (caledonian way) but I need to balance that with the fact that I dont like midges, or shoot weather, or the OH moaning about midges and shoot weather.

You need a big heart to tackle Campbeltown to Oban. :eek:

Top Bottom