Summer Bib Longs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
In the interests of public decency and my own modesty I am not inclined to wear shorts in the warmer months. My night vision bib longs were fine for the cooler conditions but I can tell they are not suitable for the summer.
Is there such a thing as summer bib longs?
I know you can buy summer tights just wonder if summer bib longs existed. All the bib longs I have found on the web so far seem to be for winter only as they all have some form of insulation, not good for the warmer weather.

stephec

Legendary Member
How about shorts with knee warmers, or some thin 3/4 bibs?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I might consider thin 3/4 bibs if I cannot find what I want but I thought there must be some thin non-thermal bib longs somewhere.
I'm looking at the DHB 3/4 bibs on Wiggle for spring, autumn and disappointing summer weather. On 'proper' warm sunny summer days though, I will definitely be riding in shorts.

You could always compromise and wear baggy shorts?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Wiggle/DHB do some un-insulated 3/4 and longs that are ideal.

I tend to run warm so I wear them in anything above 2c or so, and ditch them round about Easter in exchange for shorts....

henshaw11

Have a look at the Lusso coolmax longs - they're non-thermal versions. The lycra might be a little heavier than that in some shorts (possibly the same as some gore bibshorts I have) - they've got footloops too. One possible downside (YMMV) is they're unpadded - tho' the area where the seatpad would be is double thickness, so it's a comfort issue, rather than that of possibly embarrassing..err..bulginess, should that bother you.

That said, I wear the thermal equivalents on the mtb without any extra padding, and those are fine.

I think the last time I tried to get some I had a little trouble finding them - but ribble certainly stock them.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
An update:-
I received a reply from Chain Reaction about Campagnolo Heritage 3/4 bib tights.
The guy actually got a pair from stores, he states they are definitely not winter tights, they are very thin with no thermal material, so they could be a likely candidate for purchasing.
I was drawn to them as one of there benefits is high SPF number 50+, which indicated to me they maybe for sunny times, also go well with the Campag short sleeve jersey I was thinking about buying.

Top Bottom