Summer Hols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I'm not going no where :biggrin:
still there's no place like home :biggrin:

yoyo

Two weeks staying in Innsbruck mid July. Mostly walking, driving and sight-seeing but hope to do a stretch of the Inn Radweg. Coming home through Alsace to stock up on wine. Roll on the end of term!

iLB

Hello there
Cycling through France and Spain all the way down to Gibraltar :biggrin: :angel: and can't bloody wait... leaving on June 28th details below / / /

montage

God Almighty
ilovebikes said:
Cycling through France and Spain all the way down to Gibraltar :sad: :biggrin: and can't bloody wait... leaving on June 28th details below / / /

That looks GREAT!!

You got all the bikes free from Cycles UK? :biggrin: Or have I misread :blush:
If so...WOW! :sad:

How is the campsite planning going?

PaulB

Legendary Member
numbnuts said:
still there's no place like home :blush:

Some of the best holidays I've ever had were just staying in our house for a week or two. We usually book two weeks off and go away for 7 or 10 days and sometimes the time at home on the other days is better than the time away. Then again, travel (especially travel abroad) has been robbed of all its pleasure now and resembles more a form of torture.

Seems like I'm not the only one browsing brochures and planning a 'staycation'
(ie. I'm going nowhere)

U

User482

PaulB said:
Jammy barsteward. That's my favourite place on earth. The only problem is travelling there. Or more properly, travelling home. The first time I went, I'd been on a business trip to San Francisco two weeks' previously and it took the same time to travel to SF as it did to Portree!

I'll not rub it in by mentioning that a friend is renting us their gorgeous croft at mates' rates...

This'll be our third visit. I don't really mind the long trip (11 hours drive from Bristol) as it gives us a chance to visit a friend in Glasgow and my parents in Lancashire, plus there's the fabulous scenery through Glencoe. The last time I was in the Highlands was cycling on my Lejog, so going by car will be a touch quicker!

Having tackled the Black Cuillin the last two times, we're going to try the red side this time. And the obligatory meal at the Three Chimneys restuarant. Plus the whale watching trip.

Having gone once over the bridge, and once by ferry from Mallaig, I have to say that I prefer the ferry. It's less than an hour extra in total, breaks the journey, and I always feel like it's more of a holiday when you travel by boat.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Staying in a cottage near Arundel for a week of walking, and very good country pubs and also three days at the Goodwood Revival, an amazing few days if you like classic car racing, but a great deal more than just old car racing.

And by nudging this to the top I can have the following three threads in a pleasing sequence....

For Forks Sake!
There Will Be Blood
and
My face (contains stitches!)

I thang kew! :biggrin:

Top Bottom