Share your favourite photo from your summer vacation.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Scotland West Coast 2023

'Wimpers and Whippet'

IMG_20230603_190909_164.jpeg

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Trecco Beach - Porthcawl. Came back from a paddle to find 3v junior had made me a bike stand. My pedal bearings weren't pleased

IMG_0605.jpg

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Local troll safeguarding the hairpins on the Umbrail pass.

20230614_141911.jpg

Alex321

Veteran
Porthcawl was featured on Countryfile last night - did not realise how beautiful it was there....

Parts of it are.

There is also a massive caravan park backing on to Trecco Bay, which isn't quite so pretty
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.477...jRNk2JQCZXH3HnrQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu

But head a few hundred yards East onto Newton Beach, then Merthyr Mawr (backed by a large area of Dunes), or a bit West onto Sandy beach, and it can be very nice. Further West still (beyond the town seafront), there is Rest Bay, then the Kenfig nature reserve (more dunes) and Sker beach.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
After years of faffing around, finally got to go up Roseberry Topping. a bit murky but always worth it for the view:
6.jpg

Went to see a waterfall...
4.jpg

Checked out Low Force too. Some trucks were parked up in the field leading to the path so we asked the bloke in Hi Viz on the gate and he said they were setting up a stunt for an upcoming movie 'The Gorge'. Some character ends up in the Tees...
5.jpg

Top Bottom