Your favourite childhood toys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi,
I'm just watching Britain's Favourite Toys on Channel 5.
I got quite nostalgic thinking about my favourite toys when I was a kid.
Back in the early 70s I had a plastic pedal tractor.I was besotted with this tractor and would spend all day playing on it.The summer holidays were spent going like the clappers around the block on it.I remember my legs aching like hell at night after playing on it.Sadly one day some kids stole it whilst I was having my tea.I left it in the garden for probably 20 minutes to find it gone and when I came back out.I remember me and my mum going out to see if we could find it, eventually we came across these kids smashing it up by hammering it up against some railings the opposite side a the playing fields.By the time my mum got to them they had scarpered leaving my lovely tractor smashed up..I was absolutely devastated when I saw it.Money was tight and mum and dad couldn't afford to replace it, but my dad did his best to fix it up.
After he did his magic on fixing it up It was business as usual racing around the block.Eventually I out grew it and the plastic wheels wore out leaving it useless.We lived in a very rough area at the time, but the hours and pleasure I had bombing around on that tractor will be with me for ever.
Gone on spill the beans and tell me all about your favourite toys.

stephec

Legendary Member
Action Man. 😊

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
evel kneivel motor bike
1699739303480.jpeg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Scalextric. I used to take mine along to a friends and we combined the 2 tracks into one really big one.

Slick

Guru
Scalextric was cool, as was Evel Knievel but that was my brothers.

My personal favourite was Striker. I loved saving up to buy new players and teams but only English teams were available so I had to paint Everton players red and white to disguise them as Rangers players and gawd only knows what team I had to disguise as Aberdeen so the Rangers had someone to beat every day. :becool:

Top Bottom