England : London Sunday London Ride: Streets and Alleys - 12 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Ever wondered about the origin of some of London’s street names? This edition of the Sunday London Ride will potter around central London looking at some of the odder street names and their origin. Like all the London Rides I organise, we will travel at conversational pace, on quiet roads where possible (although some busier roads are inevitable in central London). At 15 miles, this is a slightly shorter route than normal, and our final destination is (provisionally) the ViewTube cafe overlooking the Olympic Stadium. I expect us to be there around 1.00pm. Lycra optional.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round.

Expressions of interest for 12 August please.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide you round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Me, hopefully

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
We wish to confirm our interest in the aforementioned project. Please keep us informed of any further progress and required submission criteria.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
First recce completed. Route has been changed in a couple of places due to huge road closure/engineering projects in The City, but it's still going to be 15 miles. And the destination is confirmed as the View Tube, which is under new ownership, and still serves excellent food. From there, people will be able to ride back to central London via Victoria Park, Canary Wharf, or the Woolwich ferry and Greenwich (via the Greenway).

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I'll be there if I can get out of bed

jiberjaber

Veteran
I had this in my diary but there was a work thing getting in the way - that has now got out of the way so subject to getting up early enough to make it I might be in also :smile: Is it fixed friendly the route?

Top Bottom