England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
hope you all are enjoying the sunshine out there. I woke up after 6hrs of sleep and decided that i was still too tired to get out of bed and fell asleep again for another 3hrs.

With warmer days ahead, i hope the next ride will be sooner.

U

User10571

What an unbridled delight that ride was.
Very 'Old Skool' by way of its participants.
Lovely to see people, whom I don't get to see anywhere near often enough.
Fatboy's need to get their act together.
Today's level of service: Hungover.
ETA: The sticker which the Harley rider (one of four encountered at Fatboy's) gave me, reads (amongst other things):
'God created Harley on the 1st f*ck*ng day'

If anyone is interested in lots of moody (mostly) B&W stills of Harleys, they can be found by going to Instagram and doing a search for 'Cabrones del asfalto' (which translates *interestingly*).
Or you can do this if you're on Faceache (You can tell I'm down with the kids, and social meeja, an' everyfink' can't you).
You couldn't ask to meet a nicer bunch of biker thugs (and thugesses).
They asked if we'd mind moving, as they didn't want to sit at the tables which were exposed to the stiff breeze (Aw! bless).
We declined, opting for the tables with maximum solar gain, minimum breeze.
Back in the day, by now we'd be dead. By axe. Or something.

Srsly. They were lovely people, very much (not unlike us) into their bikes.

Thanks to all for your esteemed company today.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Thank you folks for a warm welcome to the SLR. It's such a delight to be out on a bike in London on a sunny morning without it being the route to work, and in good company and with a destination like Trinity Buoy Wharf. Thank you Ross for the mice and cheese. I was delighted to see where Jem Finer's Longplayer project has washed up - I wonder whether the lighthouse will still be there in 984 years' time when the piece comes to an end. That was a nice Cadillac wasn't it?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
G0096229 (2).JPG
Thank you folks for a warm welcome to the SLR. That was a nice Cadillac wasn't it?

G0096229 (2).JPG

U

User10571

First ride out on SLR as a practice for Southend ride on 24th. Nice to meet you all
So I'm guessing that you are partner to Nigel - if I have that right, Welcome.
If I have that wrong, apologies.

rb58

Enigma
Good turn out today. Spring is definitely in the air. Sorry I couldn't stay long - I was out on a long ride yesterday, and had promised to be back at a decent time today. I've been that way loads of times, but today was the first time I noticed the land-side entrance to the Grapes pub. I've seen it river-side plenty of times. May have to stop there one day.

Swains Lane next time I'm told. Brace yourselves.....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
So long as you can take Thursday easy or maybe grab an hour nap, the sleep deprivation doesn't kick in until after the 4th pint. Or after I've got home when riding back
+1. If I'm on the train at some point on the way back, I'll generally nod off. If I'm riding, the adrenaline will keep me going. I'll be riding back into the smoke as I can't check in to my digs for the night until three (Underworld gig at the Roundhouse, no sense in going home even if there was time).

Good one today....
not done this ride for ages
Nice to see all "The Usual Suspects" will try for next month but will be slow up Swains.... or if The Flask Pub is nearby if memory serves me well could wait there for the Climbers to Return

Top Bottom