England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
In the diary.
Two fixed dates there.

rb58

Enigma
Right. Caught up with a few of you today on the Fridays’ Christmas Ride and it seems like 13 January is a go-er for a crossing on the new Woolwich ferry. Weather permitting.

Meet at HPC at 9.30 then, for a change, take a southerly route via Greenwich and Quietway 14 to the ferry, before comparing notes at either View Tube or Fatboys.

Who’s in?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Right. Caught up with a few of you today on the Fridays’ Christmas Ride and it seems like 13 January is a go-er for a crossing on the new Woolwich ferry. Weather permitting.

Meet at HPC at 9.30 then, for a change, take a southerly route via Greenwich and Quietway 14 to the ferry, before comparing notes at either View Tube or Fatboys.

Who’s in?

:hello:

Oo, me, good to see these rides braving winter.

Any plans involving the mysterious ferry traditionally always subject to change, especially on the 13th, but still a ride.

Count me in.

sagefly

Veteran
Every chance that me and some of my lightweight gang will be on this

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was over in Woolwich yesterday so had a look to see how far they'd got with the new ferries. This is the Ben Woollacott (ferry worker killed at work in 2016), sitting on its own patio, while the Dame Vera Lynn is moored by the southern entry/exit. I somehow thought that the new boats would be noticeably larger than the old ones. There didn't appear to be any on deck cycle markings so it's not clear whether the old bikes at the front system will still be used.
P1010009.JPG

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I was over in Woolwich yesterday so had a look to see how far they'd got with the new ferries. This is the Ben Woollacott (ferry worker killed at work in 2016), sitting on its own patio, while the Dame Vera Lynn is moored by the southern entry/exit. I somehow thought that the new boats would be noticeably larger than the old ones. There didn't appear to be any on deck cycle markings so it's not clear whether the old bikes at the front system will still be used.
View attachment 444828

At the most they could be a bit longer, they won't be much wider as they have to fit the berths.

Will you be out on the 13th for the ride?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
At the most they could be a bit longer, they won't be much wider as they have to fit the berths.

Will you be out on the 13th for the ride?
Yes, I think they are a little longer. (Probably not out for the ride. I would suggest using Quietway 1, though, rather than Q14. There are fewer lights and there are links to NCR1 just after Folkestone Gardens - this is signposted as Q14 - or via Creekside.)

rb58

Enigma
Yes, I think they are a little longer. (Probably not out for the ride. I would suggest using Quietway 1, though, rather than Q14. There are fewer lights and there are links to NCR1 just after Folkestone Gardens - this is signposted as Q14 - or via Creekside.)
I use Q1 all the time - just need to figure out how to get from Folkstone Gardens to the river

Top Bottom