Superglue - Help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OP
OP
Landslide

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Ah well, at least I can take comfort in the speediness of your responses - it's clear I'm not the first to manage it, and I'm sure I'll not be the last.

Just waiting for my girlfriend to get home and tell me where she keeps the nail varnish remover...

depends on the glue,

you can get superglue disolver but with contact adhesive i just get some fine sand paper and sand it off.

Mr Pig

Landslide said:
it's clear I'm not the first to manage it

You are joking? I would estimate that out of all the times I've used Super Glue I've managed not to get it on my fingers, probably twice!

If your fingers aren't stuck together, my advice would be to not bother trying to get it off. Just leave it and it'll come off with the next layer of skin. Removing it mechanically just rips the crap out of the good skin underneath so you're just doing more damage.

kyuss

Veteran
I glued a wheel to my hand once. Was going round my tyre bit by bit glueing up the tiny little cuts, went to move it round one last time to find my palm firmly glued to the tyre. Took 20 minutes to get it off. :angry:

I tack welded the top of my finger back on with superglue when I had a slight accident with secateurs.

I didn't fancy a four hour wait in casualty and superglue worked a treat.:angry:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Salt water should work, soak your fingers in it.

I heard about this in relation to medical incidents where someone squeezes a tube of super glue and it bursts in their fist. If they get worked up and have sweaty palms the glue will gradually release.

redjedi

Über Member
Night Train said:
If they get worked up and have sweaty palms the glue will gradually release.

That's not a technique I would be in a hurry to try out ;)

Back to the OP - Is this the first time you've ever got superglue on your fingers? Did you never do Airfix kits as a child?

I just let it dry, trying not to touch anything with them, then just bite off the worst bits and leave the rest.

Top Bottom