Suspicions Confirmed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Chuffy said:
Ok, but how were riders targetted this year? On what evidence? I can see your point about it seeming unethical to sit on results that prove that some riders in 07 were defrauded of places, winnings etc, but if you apply a de facto statute of limitations then that's just tough. I mean, we all know what I think about LA in 1999, but I wouldn't call for sanctions based on that evidence, the moment has passed. Heh, if the riders knew that the 07 samples had been retested, it would be interesting to see if any of the GC boys/stage + jersey runners up piped up to ask for the results to be made public. If I was clean and came second I reckon I would...:cheers:

Retro-testing is already being touted as a future method of doping control. "We have your wee and if we find a test for HGH etc in three years time, you're screwed" and all that jazz. Why not apply that attitude now? I'd bet that there would be a lot of riders crapping themselves and that kind of pressure can only be good.

I thought that they had already signed up to be subject to both current and any potential future testing methods.:sad: I think retro-testing is a good and necessary thing. Don't have a problem with that at all. It's the sitting on the results that I question.

Maybe I'm being naive (again:thumbsup:) but I'd have thought the targetting that took place this year would have been the result of circumstantial work, looking at form, results, timings and possibly some baseline blood chem istry markers, and most definitely NOT actual positive tests that simply haven't been released or validated.

Skip Madness

I am pretty sure Pat McQuaid said that they targeted Emanuele Sella because it was bloody obvious from his performance that he was doping, I don't think it was anything to do with testing data.

Top Bottom