Taxi's in hindhead, midhurst and rogate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
evening folks, wondering if any south coast forumers can help with some info?

I'm travelling down to hindhead for a wedding this Sunday and need a good local taxi company to book a lift to the wedding (hindhead to midhurst), then onto reception (midhurst to rogate) then back to the hotel around midnight (rogate to hindhead).

After a quick search online I'm guessing that there is no Hackney license cabs and it'll be all private hire so am looking to sort it before we get there.

Thanks in advance folks

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Taxi's..... What? :giggle:

Sorry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Try a google of

Taxi Hindhead
Taxi Midhurst
Taxi Rogate

None of the three are places you can just flag a cab down like you can in The Toon. This is deepest darkest rural West Sussex. In fact taxis are pretty rare. Most of the locals drive large, expensive 4WDs, and have a man to do the driving on special occasions.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What do suveners call them? Taxi's, cabs

Just mildly playing here, but Taxis' (meaning more than one) - The apostrophe placement of it between the letters that you have means you have implied that the taxi is a possessive (I think it is) i.e. you are going to tell us in the next bit of the sentence or phrase that something belongs or purports to the taxi, like the colour of the coat or the owner, hence the

Taxi's..... What?? :giggle:

Or something like that anyway (although when it comes to things like the '70s, 70s' or..... 70's either seems to have been about for a long time, which confuses me slightly).

The whole thing seems to have gone to pot and apostrophes are fired across everything now, just look at Facebook for example, I wonder if any of them ever went to school at all, and now they seem to have avoided it by using a '/' or ',' instead.

This just surprises me as I thought everyone knew these things!

I know it doesn't matter and all that, but I do wonder why I was taught all this stuff then! :rolleyes:

the butler?

Now now, no need for that, as that is @User14044 you are thinking of!

I am rather ticked that you think I'm a 'Suvener' by the way, although I am from central/south Scotland, so you have point! :laugh:

...... Or something

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My butler has deserted me.

I'd just Google mini cabs for that area....there'll be plenty

How about:

http://www.rogatecars.co.uk
Please see post #4

Top Bottom