Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
That might explain why the 6 foot fences went in. No chance of her getting over them just yet. Give her time though...
You never try to get her back inside, just sit inside with a Skips packet to rustle to get her attention.

Scotts Porridge Oats?

Dry day here, temperature up into the low twenties late afternoon.

No, it's supermarket Essential make I use..
It's amazing the difference in oats..
I've moved brands on a yearly basis as they obviously change supplier.

1mm so officially a wet day..
Yearly rain info so far (from 24th Jan)
rain info .jpg

Total yearly rain is 678.8 mm
dry days? I could work that out if needed...
days of rain, 0.2 2.0 and 20.0 are of course mm.

Been preparing for the back garden work at youngest's, order the stones tomorrow and fix kick boards (if she paints them today), thank goodness she has a small area at the back.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thursdays have some interesting facts and positive aspects. Let’s explore them:

1. Thor’s Day: The name “Thursday” is derived from the Old English word “Þūnresdæg” and Middle English “Thuresday.” It means “Thor’s Day,” named after the Norse God of Thunder, Thor, who is the son of Odin. Many Germanic-derived languages also name Thursday after Thor, such as “Torsdag” in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, “Donnerstag” in Germany, and “Donderdag” in the Netherlands. In Latin, Thursday was known as “lovis Dies,” meaning “Jupiter’s Day,” as Jupiter is the Roman equivalent of Thor1.
  2. Lucky Day: Thursday is considered a lucky day in many cultures. It is influenced by the planet Jupiter, symbolizing optimism and abundance. Some people even call it “Friday’s Friday,” as it heralds the upcoming weekend2.
  3. Thirsty Thursdays: Many students refer to Thursdays as “Thirsty Thursdays.” It’s the day when they have fewer lessons on Friday, making it a popular day to start their weekend drinking.
  4. Christian Lore: In Christianity, Maundy Thursday (also known as Holy Thursday) is observed on the Thursday before Easter. It commemorates the day of The Last Supper. Additionally, “Ascension Thursday” occurs 40 days after Easter, marking Christ’s ascension to heaven1.
  5. Estonian Tradition: In Estonia, people did not work on Thursdays. They called Thursday nights “evenings of Tooru.” Historically, they would gather in holy woods known as “Hiis” on Thursday nights, where a bagpipe player would entertain while people danced and sang until dawn1.
  6. Fish Day in the USSR: During the 1970s and 1980s in the USSR, Thursday was known as the “Fish Day” of the week. Food service institutions would serve fish instead of meat on Thursdays1.
  7. U.K. Election Tradition: In the United Kingdom, elections are always held on a Thursday. This tradition has been followed for many years, with the last contested election held on a Tuesday back in 19311.
So, whether you’re enjoying a drink, embracing the chaos, or participating in an election, Thursdays have their own unique charm! 😊🌟

ChatGPT's blurb about Thursdays..
and :hello:

I'll try the 'Thirsty Thursday' one and see how it goes...:cheers:
Owdo
How's the "Thirst Thor's Day going?

The AI is wrong on the election one. The start of the World Cup in 1978 meant the Hamilton by-election was held on a Wednesday, at the end of May.
They are normally held at the start of the month.

classic33

Leg End Member
No, it's supermarket Essential make I use..
It's amazing the difference in oats..
I've moved brands on a yearly basis as they obviously change supplier.

1mm so officially a wet day..
Yearly rain info so far (from 24th Jan)
View attachment 730211
Total yearly rain is 678.8 mm
dry days? I could work that out if needed...
days of rain, 0.2 2.0 and 20.0 are of course mm.

Been preparing for the back garden work at youngest's, order the stones tomorrow and fix kick boards (if she paints them today), thank goodness she has a small area at the back.
Don't like Quakers either!

Often summat other than the named brand is better.
You ever bothered/thought about going to a farm supply shop for yer oats?
Have it on good authority that there's not much difference in quality, but one hell of a difference in price.

Dry day here. Currently 22°C in Leeds City Centre. High teen's since around 11 this morning. Folk are dropping because it's too warm!

You headed for Toodles Territory?
They'll be keeping you hydrated in this warmer weather.
One day job?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Don't like Quakers either!

Often summat other than the named brand is better.
You ever bothered/thought about going to a farm supply shop for yer oats?
Have it on good authority that there's not much difference in quality, but one hell of a difference in price.

Dry day here. Currently 22°C in Leeds City Centre. High teen's since around 11 this morning. Folk are dropping because it's too warm!

You headed for Toodles Territory?
They'll be keeping you hydrated in this warmer weather.
One day job?

I missed the whirlwind this morning.
I've been outta town..
kick boards fitted this morning along the fence, stones ordered and to be delivered Wed....
I'm dreading it, two large bags..
hopefully Mrs M and youngest are feeling the shovel..
at least that will be only wee touches to do after that, forecast is for showers..
Farm shops get most of their produce from same places as other food shops....
charge you for the experience.

I saw a veg and fruit place recently advertising Belgian strawberries..£5 punnet
Local supermarkets offering Scottish ones..£3 a punnet
no comparison, I'm afraid.
anyhow, no dib dibbing tonight...

classic33

Leg End Member
Good afternoon :hello:
Been busy at youngest's place..
on the warmest day of the year so far..
Jeez, I'm melting
Evenin
I take it the youngest had the boards all treated and ready for your arrival.
How're they gonna put you back together. Didn't you say they broke the mould after you.

classic33

Leg End Member
I missed the whirlwind this morning.
I've been outta town..
kick boards fitted this morning along the fence, stones ordered and to be delivered Wed....
I'm dreading it, two large bags..
hopefully Mrs M and youngest are feeling the shovel..
at least that will be only wee touches to do after that, forecast is for showers..
Farm shops get most of their produce from same places as other food shops....
charge you for the experience.

I saw a veg and fruit place recently advertising Belgian strawberries..£5 punnet
Local supermarkets offering Scottish ones..£3 a punnet
no comparison, I'm afraid.
anyhow, no dib dibbing tonight...
You didn't bring her with you!
Find yer way back okay...
Will rain stop play, and any work you're planning for Wednesday...
Will you be believed..
Youngest should be up to the job in hand. She's younger for starters.
You've ordered the correct size and colour of stones, or were they ordered by someone else.
Nay lad, not a farm shop, a farm supplies shop. The oats fed to livestock are much the same as what comes in the box from shops. A sieve is the only extra required, if yer fussy.

You bought the ones grown in yer homeland I hope.
Maybe the Belgian ones did something the Scottish ones couldn't.
Yer all melted out?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Evenin
I take it the youngest had the boards all treated and ready for your arrival.
How're they gonna put you back together. Didn't you say they broke the mould after you.
All ready to fit,
middle child got what was left, 3 and a half boards...
Cold cider and now right as rain
You didn't bring her with you!
Find yer way back okay...
Will rain stop play, and any work you're planning for Wednesday...
Will you be believed..
Youngest should be up to the job in hand. She's younger for starters.
You've ordered the correct size and colour of stones, or were they ordered by someone else.
Nay lad, not a farm shop, a farm supplies shop. The oats fed to livestock are much the same as what comes in the box from shops. A sieve is the only extra required, if yer fussy.

You bought the ones grown in yer homeland I hope.
Maybe the Belgian ones did something the Scottish ones couldn't.
Yer all melted out?
Yeah, all ready for Wed, I've the membrane which could be lain on Tues, pegged in..
hopefully an early drop off.
Mrs M and I last did a bag and just under a half in just over an hour and a half (?)
One will have take charge of the holy terror as she will be with us.
I'm retiring after this for good, advisory roll only.

Sky going nuts, reckon aurora could be possible all over the UK tonight G4 just now..
First time since 2005 NOAA space weather lot has issued a G4 prediction
I might sit out the back and have my bat detector running, just in case.
Sunset 21.14.....dunno if that is UTC or BST

classic33

Leg End Member
All ready to fit,
middle child got what was left, 3 and a half boards...
Cold cider and now right as rain

Yeah, all ready for Wed, I've the membrane which could be lain on Tues, pegged in..
hopefully an early drop off.
Mrs M and I last did a bag and just under a half in just over an hour and a half (?)
One will have take charge of the holy terror as she will be with us.
I'm retiring after this for good, advisory roll only.

Sky going nuts, reckon aurora could be possible all over the UK tonight G4 just now..
First time since 2005 NOAA space weather lot has issued a G4 prediction
I might sit out the back and have my bat detector running, just in case.
Sunset 21.14.....dunno if that is UTC or BST
She never measured twice, yer a poor teacher/example if she learnt that from yerself.
Does that signal more stone works on the horizon for you?
Don't mention that "R" word!
Eating into yer supplies. Keep an eye on yer stock levels...

The stones due for delivery in the first half of the day?
There'll be an extra set of younger arms and legs to aid the transfer this time. Should see you done in half the time.
Perhaps you could be the one looking after her, whilst supervising the work. Contemplating yer new supervisorary role.

Possible that they may be visible down south, despite the light pollution.
The bats may get a bit excited tonight, making new "sightings" possible?
Normally given as UTC and you work it out for where you are.
Quick check reveals its BST, not UTC.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow

Morning :cuppa:
Nice pictures.
Street lights here are ruining any chance of seeing them here.
I checked the app I use and forecast for Sat evening was slightly higher so must look out 'real' camera...
Aurorawatch UK is a good basic app, my usual one is firing out too many video ads now so used very sparing.
I may have to pony up the moolah for it..

Mrs M was just returning and parked up and as I opened the door and we had a look, we could see a couple of trails and I said camera on and boom, it picks up the colours much better. Neighbour passing and said photos of the stars? nah, aurora..next thing, oohs and ahhs from him at the sight of it all.
I'd sat out the back, no bats to report but :cuppa:inside.
unnamed.jpg

Still at G 3.5..

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning :cuppa:

I checked the app I use and forecast for Sat evening was slightly higher so must look out 'real' camera...
Aurorawatch UK is a good basic app, my usual one is firing out too many video ads now so used very sparing.
I may have to pony up the moolah for it..

Mrs M was just returning and parked up and as I opened the door and we had a look, we could see a couple of trails and I said camera on and boom, it picks up the colours much better. Neighbour passing and said photos of the stars? nah, aurora..next thing, oohs and ahhs from him at the sight of it all.
I'd sat out the back, no bats to report but :cuppa:inside.
View attachment 730434
Still at G 3.5..
Owdo

Here's to clear skies for tonight's viewing.
Tried going out the back to escape some of the street light, only to have a security light come on next door. No chance of seeing much up there. Best I could make out was a slight tint to the sky overall.
May nip further afield, and higher ground, tonight. See what I can see.
It's a double serving of ads with everything these days.

There you were, the pair of you, just looking up and admiring the view when someone wondered why you were looking up...
I'd say there'll be a few more out tonight looking up.
You'd no bats, but the birds were going nuts just after 4 this morning. The Dawn Chorus was earlier and louder than usual.

Top Bottom