Tempura or "memory" mattress - got one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mrs RR went out and spent £60 on a memory foam cover to try to sort her bad back. It's awful, sweaty and hot, smells funny and you sink into it and can't turn over. After 3 nights I've woken up this morning with backache. Anybody else got one? Do you like it?

adscrim

Veteran
We've got a regular mattress with a integrated layer of memory foam and I love it; but that wasn't always teh case. Although never finding it sweaty, I was suffering from back and shoulder ache for the first few weeks.

IT's a dream now though! I guess you just have to get used to it!

Mr Pig

I don't think there are any rights of wrongs with mattresses. They used to always say that a harder one was better for your back, my wife thinks so, but I get on better with a softer one. Just get a quality effort or it'll be finished in no time and you'll need another one!

My wife is a long time sufferer of a bad back and wasn't sleeping too well before we bought a water bed. Only problem she has with it now is getting out of it in a morning.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How thick is the topper.

We have one for our son (2" thick) as his mattress isn't great - down to the fact his bed is a 'shortie' - i.e. a few inches short.

We've also bought them for my MIL whose had a stroke and was finding her bed uncomfy - that one is 3" thick and they seem to like it.

My wife splashed out on a 2000 pocket sprung and memory foam topped bed - that is really nice to sleep in, certainly helps with my shoulder.

See how you go with it.

We got the full Tempur mattress. Because its solid foam, and doesn't have air pockets inside, its unbearably hot and clammy as no air circulates underneath you. I can't stand it, Mrs loves it.

If you tend to get warm easily, then I'd avoid tbh.

CJR1100

Tempur mattress, the best thing since the wheel. I must say it took three or four nights to get used to it and the pillows, now I miss it when away in hotels, but being a sad sack, I do take my own pillow with me.

col

Legendary Member
We got a one inch thick one for our bed a year ago, best thing we did, very comfortable and not hot as some have found, very happy with it.

Gary D

We bought one about 3 months ago. It is a pocket sprung type with a memory-foam top layer sewn on to it. Bl00dy expensive but worth it :biggrin: :sad:

Others are right, they do pong for a few days when first unwrapped :ohmy:

First impressions were that it was very firm. However, it is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. It took a while to get used to - especially if you change position as the memory foam then has to re-conform to your new shape. But I haven't been able to sleep flat on my back for a very long time because I would always wake up with terrible back ache. With this mattress I can now :smile: :ohmy:

Gary.

Top Bottom