testing ones self

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
What does everyone do to measure their improvements if they aren't riding power metres?
I've got a 5 mile straight I use.
I ride flat out for the 5 miles. Biting the stem and all sorts squeezing every last drop of will I have. Im considering changing to the full 10mile stretch though.

Best things I found gave me improvement apart from riding

1) drafting trucks hands down ;)
2) D-ribose supplementation.
3) dura ace wheel set with continental GP4000 chilli-so unbelievably fast and best tire I've ridden. Don't last long though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I time myself up this ...

cragg-vale-climp-profile-jpg.32100.jpg

As discussed in this thread!

I also tackle a collection of shorter climbs of varying length (say from 50 metres to 500 metres) and steepness (10% to 20%) and I test myself to see how far I can sprint up them out of the saddle before I have to sit down and change to a lower gear. I have almost cracked one or two of the easier slopes now, but it will probably take me the rest of the year to get fit enough to handle the worst ones.

ayceejay

Guru
I just got back from planting a hundred mile avenue of banana trees - and now I have to do a test? Give a break.

ayceejay

Guru
Easter Monday here, a good day for testing ones self (or for ball scratching if you have them)
Note to self*
*The self is the subject of one's own experience of phenomena: perception, emotions, thoughts. In phenomenology, it is conceived as what experiences, and there isn't any experiencing without an experiencer, the self. The self is therefore an "immediate given", an intrinsic dimension of the fact of experiencing phenomena. In some other trends of philosophy, the self is instead seen as requiring a reflexive perception of oneself, the individual person, meaning the self in such a view is an object of consciousness.

Top Bottom