Thanks Bonj

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah but, I bet you had a smile riding the quick bike though.......

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Anyway, what problem is it? Change out of your shorts. Who cares if the bike is a bit dirty. Give it a wash at the weekend if you're bothered

proper bikes look stupid with mudguards

bonj2

I took your advice. Seeing as you're a serious cyclist.

My normal commuter is missing a wheel at the moment. So I used my road bike.

It has 700x23 tyres. Slick ones. And no mudguards. Which I didn't think would be a problem seeing as you, a serious cyclist after all, say that they're not needed.

I came out of work this afternoon to find the road wet. Not puddled, just wet. No rain though, quite bright actually.

So I thought I'd be ok seeing as you, a serious cyclist, don't think mudguards are useful.

I rode the 5 miles home along an A-road. The surface is ok. No puddles.

I topped 32mph, averaged about 18mph. I thought I'd be ok because of you.

I got home, disappointingly to find my shorts wet. My bike was also wet on the saddle, the saddle pack and down the seat tube. And my rucksack was dotted with drops of water from bottom to top.

Thanks Bonj. Thanks a lot.
We're already off to a poor start with this one:

a) the reason you rode a bike without mudguards was nothing to do with me, was it. It was because your mudguarded bike was missing a wheel, not because you'd decided you didn't need mudguards based on my advice.

:evil: HOw was the saddle wet if the saddlebag is in between the wheel and the saddle? I'd say the saddle got wet while it was parked because you forgot to put a carrier bag over it like I do.

c) Why does it matter that your rucksack was 'dotted with drops of water'?

d) Why does it matter that your shorts got wet?

e) Your shorts got wet probably due to being splashed by cars and lorries.

bonj2

a) regardless, you said it didn't matter.
it doesn't.
;) There's a bit of exposed saddle between the top of the bag and my behind. Which you, a serious cyclist, would know. Unless you're so fat that your flab hangs over the back of your perch.
again, it doesn't matter if your saddle gets slightly wet.

c) The only place the water could have come from was the back wheel throw. And if it wasn't a decent water-repelling cover there'd be more than drops on it.
No it's not. it could have come from splash from other vehicles, mainly lorries and buses, or, the sky as rain.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, dirty bike..needs cleaning...nuff said.... it's just one day..

BTW nice and dry over here.......hah..hah......for a change.......

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Your shorts were only wet. Which could mean anything from damp, to moist.
Now, if you had said you were soaked we could of had some sympathy, but wet, you seem to be moaning over nothing.

bonj2

doesn't really matter how wet you were anyway if you're only going 5 miles. Nice hot day anyway, bit of water'll cool you down.

Abitrary

How do we know your bottom wasn't leaking mr paul? How do we not know you have an incontinent bottom? Maybe something frightened you and you let go.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I'm not complaining about getting wet. If I was at all bothered about that I'd have caught the train.

I'm just light-heartedly pointing out that bonj has been proved conclusively wrong about his mudguard position.

Which proves you wrong as well, young Joey.

And I go to bed smiling.

Goodnight!

Then why the hell are you posting? Whats the point of this post? You have come on to complain about Bonjs idea of not needing mudguards. But you say your not complaining. It makes no sence! Less sence then what i make!

Top Bottom