That's gonna smart!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Some poor bloke fell off his bike in front of me tonight. He was riding about 20 yards ahead and hit the kerb. Pretty winded. Sat on the pavement with him until he got his breath and then stood him up to assess his injuries. Split arm and road rash on his knee. Ouch.

Gatters

good for you for helping him

Ern1e

Über Member
That was so kind of you @buggi these days most people would just laugh at his downfall, my only other question is surely he must have been way to close to the kerb ?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
That was so kind of you @buggi these days most people would just laugh at his downfall, my only other question is surely he must have been way to close to the kerb ?
He was going to go up it, but came in too shallow and skidded along the edge. He did seem really grateful I'd stopped... I've had drivers drive around me while I've been lying in the road! Think the main thing was that he was so winded by it and think it just helped to have someone else there, not least coz if both of you are sitting down it looks like you're having a picnic and takes away the embarrassment and jumping straight back on your bike before you find out you snapped your pelvis or something . Bet he's sore today . Think his arm may need a stitch

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
in the last two days ive been on somones knee and someones bum :wacko:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/off-the-bike-for-a-week.182873/#post-3771799
Think yourself lucky you didn't call yourself saddle sore :stop:

Ern1e

Über Member
He was going to go up it, but came in too shallow and skidded along the edge. He did seem really grateful I'd stopped... I've had drivers drive around me while I've been lying in the road! Think the main thing was that he was so winded by it and think it just helped to have someone else there, not least coz if both of you are sitting down it looks like you're having a picnic and takes away the embarrassment and jumping straight back on your bike before you find out you snapped your pelvis or something . Bet he's sore today . Think his arm may need a stitch
Ah now I understand how he did it lol, and I think the reason most folks don't try to help is due to the where's there's blame mob it seems it is far to easy to have a go at anyone willing to help if you move then and cause problems setting aside the fact you may just have saved them !

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Ah now I understand how he did it lol, and I think the reason most folks don't try to help is due to the where's there's blame mob it seems it is far to easy to have a go at anyone willing to help if you move then and cause problems setting aside the fact you may just have saved them !
Personally I just think its coz they are selfish and they don't want to be put out.

Top Bottom